Last Updated on
Getting up in the morning is something that most people struggle with. It’s even worse when there is a blaring alarm sounding next to your head.
Why can’t clock radios wake you up in a relaxing way? Or, if not relaxing, the sound should at least sound good!
Today, there are hundreds of options to choose from when it comes to getting an alarm clock for the bedside – and traditional alarm clocks are quickly losing their popularity, as newer options with more advanced technology hit the market.
Many people are now looking for the best sounding clock radio with features like Bluetooth connectivity, memory card slots, the ability to communicate with their smart devices, and even features that allow the clock radio to become part of their smart home setup.
The 5 Best Sounding Clock Radios
In order to bring you the best sounding clock radios on the market, we analyzed a large number of the current options out there in order to find out which ones will ultimately give you the experience you desire when waking up in the morning.
1. JBL Horizon Bluetooth Clock Radio
- Multi-sensory alarm clock with LED ambient light
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
First on our list is the JBL Horizon Bluetooth Clock Radio, one of the better quality options that you are going to find on the market today.
The product comes in two great colors, including black or white, and is available for under $100. The clock radio features a multi-sensor alarm system, together with an LED-based ambient light feature to wake you up more subtly.
You can easily connect your smart devices to the clock radio via the built-in Bluetooth connectivity option and keep your devices charged through the night thanks to the USB ports.
Furthermore, the device is also very compact and features a very modern design.
If you’re looking for an alarm with the highest quality sound – this is your best option.
2. Echo Spot
- Echo Spot is designed to fit anywhere in your home. Use 2nd generation far-field voice recognition to watch the news, see music lyrics, weather forecasts, to-do and shopping lists, browse and listen to Audible audiobooks, and more. All hands-free?just ask.
- Echo Spot connects to Alexa, a cloud-based voice service to play music, read the news, answer questions, set music alarms, control smart home, and more.
If you are looking for something more advanced, then you should consider the Echo Spot.
This is an original product from the Amazon company and even features Alexa, the artificial intelligence system built by Amazon. The Echo Spot will provide you with plenty of options when it comes to alarm sounds.
The speaker quality is surprisingly good considering it’s a multi-function device.
The built-in screen offers high-quality images, videos, and text, which you can adjust based on your preferences at the moment.
In addition to being a smart alarm system, the Echo Spot can also give you weather updates, news updates, and more.
3. hOmeLabs Sunrise Alarm Clock
- WAKE UP SUNRISE ALARM CLOCK - This alarm clock uses a warm LED light that gradually brightens 30 mins before the alarm time to gently wake you up. Features a Sleep timer with sunset simulation to gently dim the room and can also act as a night light
- MODERN ALARM CLOCK for HEAVY SLEEPERS - Gradually waking up to light with your choice of nature-inspired sounds is a pleasant way to start your day. Features an easy to hit snooze button to pause the alarm and turn off the light and sound for 5 mins
Another excellent option to consider is the hOmeLabs Sunrise Alarm Clock, an it’s a great option for a very reasonably price.
This alarm clock features an LED display unit that can switch between six different colors.
The clock also features a built-in FM radio, as well as a relatively large selection of sounds that you can choose from – giving you the ability to have control over the noises that will wake you up in the morning.
The product also features touch controls, as well as a snooze function.
If you’re on a budget and like the idea of waking up to pleasant colors and sounds this is your best choice.
4. BOCTOP Digital LED Alarm Clock Radio
- Digital Alarm Clock with Buzzer and Radio Alarm Sound- This alarm clock is 12 Hour Time System. When you set clock or alarm, there is a “PM” indicator light to tell you it’s afternoon, if this indicator light doesn’t bright, that means time is a.m.. As a clock radio, you can choose buzzer or radio as the alarm sound, just to press the “ALARM/SET” button to switch
- FM Radio with 10-90 minutes Sleep Timer- This alarm clock is built in FM radio frequency from 87.5-108MHz. It could auto-search a station for you or you can manually adjust frequency to the station you want to listen to. When listening to FM station, you can press the “SLEEP” button to set the sleep timer from 10-90 minutes, every step will reduce 10 minutes sleep time
This product comes with a selection of different sounds that can be adjusted, along with a 12-hour time system, a buzzer, and a built-in FM radio function.
5. Sangean RCR-20 FM-RDS (RBDS) AM/Bluetooth/Aux-In/USB Charging Digital Tuning Clock Radio
- Am/ FM stereo digital Tuning radio with 10 station presets (5 FM, 5 AM) or 18 station presets (9 FM, 9 AM) by remote control and easy to read high contrast LCD display with adjustable backlight and real time clock that’s available from FM ids-ct
- Built-in Bluetooth Technology Version 4.1 Class II Wireless Audio Streaming with NFC Technology for Simple One Touch Pairing, Supports A2DP, AVRCP1.4
Last on our list is another good option for people looking to spend a little more on a quality product.
The Sangean RCR-20 FM-RDS (RBDS) Digital Tuning Clock Radio offers built-in Bluetooth connectivity, the ability to charge your smartphone via the USB port, as well as an LCD display unit that allows you to see the time and other important notifications easily.
The product has a built-in back-up battery system that allows you to wake up even if the power is out.
Buyer’s Guide To The Best Sounding Clock Radio
Finding the best sounding clock radio on the market has become very difficult since many brands have developed unique versions of these products to help people get up in the morning in a more convenient way.
We found that there are some particular factors about these clocks that tend to make them more useful than others – thus, we decided to compile a list of essential factors that you should really take a look at when you decide that you are interested in buying the best sounding clock radio to put on your bedside table.
We share some of these important tips that you should keep in mind and look at while filtering through the available options below.
First of all, take the connectivity option that is offered by the clock radio you might be interested in the account. With this factor, you would really have to take into account what the actual clock radio has to offer, and you will need to take your own personal preferences into account as well.
If you prefer certain connectivity options, such as Bluetooth, for example, then you will have to filter through the particular options that are available in order to find the specific options that come with the connectivity options you prefer.
Modern clock radios on the market tend to offer quite a significant variety of connectivity options that allow you to stream your favorite music directly to your clock radio – this way, and you can choose exactly to what sounds or songs you would like to wake up in the morning.
Bluetooth, in particular, is becoming very popular in clock radios, but there are many other connectivity options that can be just as convenient. Some options come with docks that allow you to plug your smartphone into the clock radio, which then gives you the ability to keep your smartphone charged and stream music directly to the clock radio directly.
In addition to Bluetooth, other particular options include NFC, USB, and 3.5mm AUX input jacks.
The alarm of the bedside clock radio that you are interested in should also be taken into account. There are many options out there, and the alarm features in these products tend to defer – in many cases, you will find that the alarm system will start off by playing your alarm sound softly and the volume will gradually increase.
This way, you won’t have to worry about being woken up with loud sounds, which can certainly be inconvenient for most people.
There are some particular alarms on the market that offer a much more convenient way to wake up through gradually increasing the volume of the alarm sound that you have chosen.
At the same time, however, there are also some options out there that will not provide a gradual increase in volume, but rather have a fixed volume at which a sound is played at a specified time – these are usually considered less convenient as people usually do not want to wake up with such sounds early in the morning.
Some of the latest clock radios on the market are featuring newer ways to help wake up you up in the morning. F
or example, Sunrise Alarms are becoming relatively popular – these clock radios are equipped with a lighting system that will gradually start to light up as the time comes closer to the time your next alarm has been set to.
This way, you will gradually be taken from a deep sleep toward a state of wakefulness without immediately hearing a loud noise in your ear to remind you that it is time to wake up.
The display unit of a clock radio is an important factor for many people. While those with poor vision may not consider the display unit as important, others with clearer eyesight will want to keep an eye on the time whenever they wake up – whether before or after their alarm has gone off.
There are a couple of options available on the market that features larger displays – in these cases, those individuals with poor vision may still be able to gain an overview of the current time whenever they look at the clock.
Since we are looking at the best sounding clock radio on the market, it is also important to consider the quality of the speakers that are installed in the clock radio.
The quality really defers from one option to the next – you should aim to opt for a product with a quality set of speakers, but there is no need to go overboard here.
You are not looking to buy a new home entertainment system, but rather just a clock that can help you wake up in the morning.
Recent technology advancements have made it possible to throw out those old traditional alarm clocks next to your bed and equip your bedside table with a more advanced device.
Unfortunately, there are already many of these devices on the market, making the decision of choosing one, in particular, more difficult than ever before.
If you’re looking for the best speaker quality then the JBL is your best choice.
If you want something that can provide you with plenty of functions and connect to your smart home system then I recommend the Echo.
If you’re on a tighter budget and just want something that sounds good without breaking the bank then check out the hOmeLabs Sunrise alarm clock.
We shared our selection of the five best options in this post, along with a couple of useful tips that will help you filter through the available options faster and ensure you buy the best sounding clock radio that is perfect for your bedside table.