Buying the best waterproof soundbar is no easy task. The fact that there are many models to choose from makes the decision-making process even more daunting. We want to help you purchase the right soundbar that meets your needs.
Ideally the one you select must be easy to use and install among other factors. We’ve rounded up the top five brands on the market based on performance, quality and customer ratings. We’re certain this will make your selection process quick and easy. Simply pick the model that meets your requirements.
Best Waterproof Soundbar Reviews
1. DS18 SBAR25 Soundbar Waterproof System Review
- This is a passive sound bar and requires an amplifier to function
- 25-Inch 2-Way Sound Bar Waterproof Speaker System with Integrated RGB Lights - 200 Watts RMS - 600 Watts Max
Certain soundbars require amplifiers to function and this waterproof system is an example of this. This model comes complete with four full-range speakers for optimum sound output.
The two titanium tweeters also contribute to the exceptional sound quality. Thanks to the 600W output, you’ll enjoy your playlist without experiencing any annoying glitches.
You’ll appreciate how this unit is marine grade compliant and features an IP65 waterproof rating. The same model is 100% UV stable so you can tell it’s designed to withstand various weather elements.
The manufacturer included RGB lights to add to the product’s appeal. You do have the option of purchasing a Wi-Fi controller for multi-functional LED lighting.
Installation of the system is relatively simple. You’ll find a flat mount and pole mount included to make setting up easy.
You’ll only be disappointed that it doesn’t feature any Bluetooth capabilities but it’s still worth considering.
- Very loud
- Clear sound
- Visually appealing
- No Bluetooth capabilities
- Not amplified
Who is it best for?
This 25” model is ideally suited for individuals looking for a simple but functional unit without too many bells and whistles.
2. Boss BRRC27 Powered Soundbar
- Bluetooth - Bluetooth Audio streaming lets you play and control music and apps like Spotify/ Pandora wirelessly via the multi-function Bluetooth remote control
- Weatherproof - the BRRC27 has been outfitted with the latest weatherproofing techniques for protection against the elements
Here is a model for those people looking for an amplified soundbar. The unit comes with a built-in Class D amplifier so you don’t have to worry about making an additional amp purchase to enjoy powerful sound.
This model has three full-range speakers and a pair of loaded tweeters which you can attach to your ATV. You’ll appreciate how this system also has Bluetooth capabilities that allow you to control the soundbar wirelessly. The same Bluetooth functionality allows for audio streaming on your favorite apps be it Spotify or Pandora.
You also get to connect your smartphone or MP3 player to the speaker thanks to the 3.5mm audio jack provided.
The unit has an IPX 5 waterproof rated enclosure to protect your soundbar from occasional water splashes during your drive. This waterproof soundbar also has pre-amp outputs that allow you to connect multiple systems at once. And the integrated LED lights also add to the appeal of the unit.
Unfortunately, mounting this system isn’t the easiest of tasks because the wires aren’t very long. But on the upside, you’ll appreciate the multi-angle adjustable clamp fit bars that you can adjust according to your preference.
- Impressive sound
- Built-in amplifier
- Bluetooth capabilities
- Difficult to mount
- No memory of previous volume
Who is it best for?
This model is for anyone who owns either an ATV or UTV.
3. Rockville Waterproof Soundbar
- Package Includes: (1) Pair of Rockville RWB80B 8" Black 2 Way Marine Wakeboard Tower Speakers Totaling 600 Watt. Advantages of the RWB80B: No exaggerated power ratings : These speakers are rated with true world RMS ratings. No bootleg or exaggerated power ratings like other brands. These speakers are 200 watts RMS and 300 watts peak. (200 watts RMS is equal to about 500 watts rated by other brands)
- New and improved mounting bracket reinforced with steel - The mounting brackets are waterproof and durable plastic. They are reinforced with nylon and steel to make them extra strong. The nylon allows easy adjusting while the strength of steel can withstand the toughest conditions.
What you’ll like about these speakers is that they’re not only very easy to mount, but strong too, thanks to the material used in their construction.
Along with the speakers, the manufacturer included the necessary installation hardware including mounting brackets and an integrated grill. The mounting brackets are made of durable nylon for easy adjusting and reinforced with steel making them ideal to handle tough conditions.
The marine-grade components and materials used on these speakers make them able to resist any corrosion by water, salt water and moisture.
Aside from being waterproof, the speakers are also rustproof, so you’ll be using this system for a long time. You’ll appreciate how the terminals are sealed with rubber gaskets to prolong their lifespan.
The system comprises two tower speakers with a total output of 600W for optimum sound experiences. But some users feel you may need to add an extra amplifier if you want even better sound as it tends to get distorted especially at high volumes.
You’ll find one dome tweeter included in the package for your mid-range sounds.
On top of all these specs, you’ll be impressed by the relatively affordable price tag. You’ll be getting value for your money if you go with this brand.
- Solid construction
- Easy to install
- May need extra amplifier
- Durability questionable
Who is it best for?
This is the soundbar to choose if you own an off-road vehicle. The system comes with large mounting screws designed to fit roll bars found on many vehicles. This is because they’re slightly longer than most screws meaning they can accommodate thicker mounting bars.
4. Wet Sounds Amplified Car Sound Bar Speaker
This is one of the best-rated marine amplified systems on the market. With a power handling output of 400W, you can tell that the sound is quite impressive.
With this set, you’ll get four 3” full range speakers and two 1” titanium tweeters. This soundbar features a built-in amplifier for maximum sound projection. You’ll appreciate how it also comes equipped with Bluetooth functionalities for convenient wireless operation.
You have the option of using the system with your non-Bluetooth devices by simply using the aux input provided.
To prolong your unit’s operation life, it features an automatic shutdown function which is designed to protect the battery; the speaker turns off automatically after 10 minutes of inactivity.
You can clearly see where your connections must be thanks to the back-lit control panel. The soundbar has 2V line-outputs which allow you to hook another sound bar or add an extra amplifier. This makes it a highly versatile unit worth considering.
What sets this speaker apart from the rest is that it’s covered in a waterproof wiring harness for added protection.
The mounting brackets are made of aluminum which makes them durable. This unit also features a sliding mount channel where you can add additional accessories.
But note that you’ll have to part with more money to own this model because it’s more expensive compared to other brands. Also, the system doesn’t come with a remote control but that’s not uncommon for many soundbars.
- Universal mounting system
- Impressive sound quality
- Bluetooth compatible
- Doesn’t come with remote control
Who is it best for?
This system is best for people who own ATVs, golf carts and any other vehicles used outdoors.
5. Polk Audio Soundbar
- Package Includes: (1) Pair of Polk Audio DB652 6.5" 300 Watt Car Audio Marine/ATV/Motorcycle/Boat Speakers. (1) Pair of Rockville MAC65B 6.5" Black Aluminum Wakeboard Tower Speaker Pod Enclosures. Features: (2) Polk Audio DB652 6.5" 300 Watt Car Audio Marine/ATV/Motorcycle/Boat Speakers. High performance audio upgrade that delivers signature quality sound that goes beyond OEM factory systems. Marine certified with IP65 rating (water- and dirt-resistant) and tested for salt-fog, UV and humidity
- Polypropylene and UV tolerant cone with waterproof inner and outer surrounds. Simple drop-in installation for any vehicle including cars, boats, ATVsyou name it. Zero tweeter protrusion and reduced mounting depth for a precise fit. Dynamic Balance technology offers a rich, clean, full-range sound. , 20mm Tweeter ensures clear, balanced mids and highs. 100 Watts at Continuous Power; 300 Watts at Peak Power. Specifications: Cut-Out Diameter: 5" (127 mm). Height: 0.47" (12 mm)
By selecting this brand, you’ll get two 6.5” speakers with a total power output of 300W. Though the sound output is generally lower compared to the other models reviewed above, this system is in no way low quality. On the contrary, the soundbar features a high-performance upgrade which is designed to deliver exceptional quality sound.
The dynamic balance technology used in the construction of this system ensures that you enjoy a rich and full range of sound with minimal distortions.
This unit has an IP6 waterproof rating which makes it both water and dirt resistant. The speakers have also been tested against salt-fog, humidity and UV so they can withstand extreme weather conditions.
The cone is UV tolerant and features waterproof inner and outer surrounds. Setting up these speakers will be a breeze thanks to the simple drop-in installation. The installation design ensures that the speakers don’t protrude after mounting so you get a precise fit. No wires or terminals are exposed making for a clean and tidy set up.
The manufacturer also included other installation hardware including rugged universal mounting clamps and plastic inserts.
These speakers are made of high-grade aluminum with a beautiful black powder coat finish. This makes them even more resistant to salt and wet conditions.
- Extremely easy to install
- No exposed wires and terminals
- Attractive design
- Impressive and balanced sound
- Low output
- Relatively expensive
Who’s it best for?
You can use these speakers on ATV’s, motorcycles and boats. They’re ideally suited for people who want a stealth and highly efficient speaker that doesn’t compromise on performance and functionality.
The reviews are in and now it’s time to choose the soundbar for you.
From the abovementioned models, special emphasis was placed on a few major features such as the sound quality and waterproof rating. For a device that you’re likely to use in wet conditions, you want one that can deliver the clearest sound possible against the noisy splashes without suffering any damage.
From our list of recommendations, which one will you select?
We appreciate that your budget will probably influence your decision but make sure the one you pick is durable. Aesthetics and design also matter, but rather opt for one that’s practical and is designed to last you long to eliminate buyer’s remorse.