Who said that cooking a family meal had to be boring? With a bit of music, you can dance while feeding your family and turn all of your kitchen experiences into a celebration.
How do you do this? We’ve selected the best speakers for your kitchen, so you don’t have to do all of the hard work. Any one of these speakers will bring excitement back into the kitchen so you can pass your time listening to your favorite tunes. But which one will you pick?
The Top 5 Best Speakers for Your Kitchen
1. Acoustic Audio AA321B Bookshelf Speakers
- MOUNTABLE INDOOR WIRED SPEAKERS - Traditional passive speaker design, simply drive power from your amplifier or receiver
- HIGH QUALITY - Full Range sound coverage with 2.5" Polypropylene woofers, frequency response is 150Hz-20 kHz with 88dB at 8ohm
The AA321Bs are some of the most affordable bookshelf speakers on the market, brought to you by Acoustic Audio. These high-quality speakers give you decent sound without breaking the budget so you can cook and enjoy your favorite songs simultaneously.
Acoustic Audio’s AA321B speakers may be small but they’re capable of a combined power of 400W. Paired with a frequency range of 150Hz-20kHz, these speakers pack a punch. Their Polypropylene full range woofer gives their sound even more power, while the entire build is protected by ABS construction to ensure its longevity.
On top of this, the speakers are easy to mount and they include a fully directional swivel wall mount. This means that once you’ve found the perfect spot for them, you can angle them to suit your listening needs.
In order to connect them, you simply have to wire them to your sound system. The spring-loaded wire terminals make this job easier. Unfortunately, the speakers don’t have a wide range which isn’t an issue if you prefer lower volumes or you’re listening to music to relax rather than party.
They’re still ideal for use in your kitchen because you’re more likely to concentrate on other activities. For the price, it’s one of the best speakers available. If you’d like to watch a review of this product, you can check out this video
- Highly affordable
- Can be adjusted due to swivel wall mount
- ABS construction ensures durability
- Wires are difficult to connect for thick fingers
- Lack of range
2. Fluance SXBP2 Surround Sound Speakers
- Reproduce movie theater sound with immersive bipolar surrounds
- Bipolar radiation pattern for optimum surround imaging
Although they’re some of the pricier speakers on this list, the SXBP2 surround sound speakers by Fluance are also one of the best speaker systems. If you’re looking for speakers that look sophisticated and sound dynamic, these are the ones for you.
Fluance SXBP2 speakers use a bipolar surround sound design to create a 3D soundstage. This means that the sound fills the room so you can feel as if you’re at the cinema. The closer you are to the speakers, the more you’ll be drawn into the immersive ambience of the music.
Along with their 3D quality, they also have exhilarating highs because of the Neodymium tweeters. This is combined with dual four inch midrange drivers to give your sound more range and richness. All of this is encased in stunning MDF wood cabinetry that has been professionally built to reduce any resonance form the casing. The result? Your sound is fuller and more natural.
Although the sound quality is refined, the speakers are only capable of handling 100W which means that the sound loses quality at higher volumes. This may be an issue for large rooms but for easy listening in your kitchen, it’s exactly what you need.
- MDF wood reduces cabinet resonance
- Wide range and better tonal highs
- Bipolar surround sound design fills the room
- Adequate sound quality at higher volumes
- A bit pricey
3. Polk Audio RC80i Speakers
- GET SEAMLESS AUDIO QUALITY & POLK'S EXCELLENT SOUND REPRODUCTION with these timbre-matched overhead speakers that elevate the sound quality. ADD TO YOUR EXISTING HOME THEATER SETUP or build your own Polk collection for THE SAME GREAT POLK SOUND EVERYWHERE
- EXPERIENCE MORE BALANCED & LIFELIKE SOUND – Features an 8" Dynamic Balance woofer & a 1" aimable tweeter for more depth & detail in your music. Mineral-filled polymer cone & strong composite driver baskets create wider dispersion for EVEN-SOUND COVERAGE
If your kitchen is crowded why not consider in-ceiling loudspeakers to save you space? The RC80i are high-quality speakers by Polk Audio that you can barely see when they’re installed and it saves you shelf and wall space. It might make installation more complicated but the stylish result is worth it.
Installing your Polk Audio RC80i speakers requires you to cut a hole in your roof, but once they’re in place they look elegant while also opening up your wall or counter space. Although this takes more work than a wall-mounted speaker, it’s more aesthetically pleasing and practical. You can space your speakers out and place them wherever you want them on your roof to spread your sound throughout your kitchen.
On top of this, the RC80i speakers are built with durable, moisture-resistant materials so your speakers won’t be damaged by steam while you’re cooking. This durable design also ensures that your speakers will last a long time. You can even install these speakers in your sauna or your bathroom because the seal is so watertight.
When it comes to sound, this system does lack bass but makes up for it with a wide range that is high in quality and rich in tone. The sound reproduction is highly accurate so that your music is crisp and clear. Despite the extra work required to install this device, it looks beautiful and enhances your music listening experience.
If you’d like to see how well these speakers work, you can watch this video:
- Moisture resistant
- Highly durable
- Accurate sound reproduction
- Weak bass
4. Pyle Pro PDIC60T Stereo Speaker System
- 55Hz - 22kHz FREQUENCY RESPONSE: Pyle 8” speaker system has a directable 1” titanium dome tweeter and frequency response. This flush mount speaker is pack with exceptional 4-8 ohm impedance rating and impressive 300 watts power handling capability
- 2-WAY MOUNT SPEAKER: The pair of 8” stereo sound speaker has two way of installation: in-wall or in-ceiling flush mount. It has convenient speaker terminals that allow for quick and hassle-free speaker wire connection at any custom installations
Are you intrigued by the idea of flush-mount speakers but you’re looking for a system that’s more affordable? If that’s the case, the PDIC80 top quality speakers by Pyle might be what you’re looking for. Not only are they affordable but their sound quality is top notch as well.
The Pyle Pro PDIC60T stereo speaker system has a frequency of 55Hz-22kHz and a directable titanium dome tweeter which means that it’s capable of an impressively wide range. Along with the 300W power handling, it can reproduce music as clearly as if you were listening to it live. Its response is rich and full even if you’re simply looking for quiet background noise.
Like the Polk Audio RC80i, it’s difficult to install because it requires you to cut a hole in your wall or ceiling and the wiring can be complicated. It does include wall mount attachments if you’re looking for an installation that’s easier and less permanent.
Unfortunately, although the sound quality is superb, the design isn’t very durable so if it’s not installed with care the casing can split apart. As long as you maintain it carefully, this shouldn’t be an issue. It’s also not water resistant like the Polk Audio, but you’re guaranteed impeccable sound quality for a highly affordable price.
If you’d like to see a quick test of how these speakers work, you can watch this video:
- Rich, full sound
- Saves shelf and ceiling space
- Can be wall-mounted or flush mounted
- Lacks durability
- Difficult to install
5. Bongo Bamboo Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- RETRO DESIGN, MODERN SOUND: Bongo is handcrafted from beautiful bamboo wood and styled like a retro radio. Bamboo is lightweight, durable, and renewable and has superior acoustics. Finally, a speaker that looks as good as it sounds!
- ULTRA PORTABLE: The compact design maximizes portability -- 33 feet of wireless range and 15 hours of battery life let you dance all day (and night)! Toss it in your carry-on luggage, beach bag or backpack with ease.
Sometimes mounted speakers are too permanent and you may want a speaker that you can carry around the house with you. After all, you probably don’t only listen to music when you’re cooking. Why not consider the Bamboo Bluetooth Speaker by Bongo? You can take it wherever you want, even outdoors.
Bongo’s Bamboo speaker is handcrafted from bamboo to give the device a retro appearance that is beautiful to behold. As a result, it’s one of the most environmentally friendly speakers on the market because bamboo is a sustainable resource. On top of this, the natural woods give the tonal quality a warmer sound.
On top of this, the Bluetooth connectivity means that you don’t need any wires to use this speaker. It can last for up to 15 hours without needing to be charged which maximizes its portability value. You can use it in your kitchen or even take it with you when you’re traveling. It’s small and compact so it won’t even take up too much space in your luggage.
The sound quality is a bit crackly to give it a more retro feel, which isn’t ideal for everyone but if you enjoy easy listening it’s perfect for you. The designs and colors are beautiful so you can always impress your friends, even with aesthetics in your home.
Whether you’re only listening to your favorite tracks while cooking Thanksgiving dinner or if you’re out going for a jog, this speaker can be by your side. Check out this video, if you want to see how it works:
- Beautiful, natural design
- Bluetooth compatible
- Battery lasts for 15 hours
- Sometimes struggles to pair with Bluetooth
- Lower sound quality than other speakers on list
Our favorite speaker on this list must be the Polk Audio RC80i speaker system. Although it’s the most expensive system on this list, its sound quality is refined, it’s convenient and it’s durable. If you’d prefer a wall mounted speaker, we recommend the Fluance SXBP2 which is cheaper, higher rated and guarantees immersive sound reproduction.
Any one of these speaker systems will be appropriate for your kitchen. All you need to decide is what qualities you’re looking for and which one suits your needs.