If you need new speakers for your apartment, you have come to the right place.
We are aware that you probably want something somewhat affordable, space-friendly, and yes, with good sound quality too, and that is what we are here to help you with today.
Let’s get to it and help you find the best speakers on the market for an apartment right now.
Best Speakers For Apartments: Reviews
1. Fluance Ai40W Powered Two-Way 5″ 2.0 Bookshelf Speaker
- Unparalleled Performance - With an integrated 70W Class D amplifier, these active speakers deliver room-filling stereo sound that elevates your musical experience
- Pairing Your Passion - Marry your music from your turntable, PC, Laptop, TV, or wireless Bluetooth device to these versatile speakers, a perfect union you'll want to last a lifetime
Here we have a really nice pair of bookshelf speakers which come at a reasonable price. They may cost well over $200, but they are high-quality items, and speakers of this quality could easily cost twice that.
What we really like about these speakers is that they are more than large enough to provide you with a room full of awesome sound, but not so large that they take up an unreasonable amount of space. They are bookshelf speakers, and they fit nicely onto the shelves of an average bookcase.
In terms of pairing, you can use the included AUX cord if you need to, but these are Bluetooth speakers and they easily connect to any Bluetooth-compatible device, and yes, they have a solid Bluetooth connection for interference-free listening.
In terms of volume and sound quality, they have quite a bit of power and they have been built using high-quality components, with great woofers, tweeters, and drivers.
Hearing those highs, lows, voices, and everything in between is not a problem with this Fluance Ai40W Powered Two-Way 5″ 2.0 Bookshelf Speaker system.
You even get the amp already built-in, so there is no need for that. What you might also like is that they are made with MDF wood, at least the exterior, and they actually look very sleek and stylish, so they should fit into any apartment with ease.
- Very easy to set up
- Awesome sound quality
- AUX and Bluetooth
- Built-in amp and woofers
Make a hissing sound in RCA mode
Who is this best for?
If you want a reasonably priced pair of speakers for your home entertainment and stereo system, this is a good option to keep in mind.
2. Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed. (None Bluetooth version)
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Natural sound reproduction from 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4 inch full range unit
If you need a pair of bookshelf speakers that come at a very affordable price, the Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers are a decent option. They may not be very expensive, but they do get the job done. One thing to note about these speakers is that they feature dual RCA outputs and a classic 3.5 mm headphone jack.
It’s pretty convenient because you can plug in 2 different devices at once, but don’t have to unplug to switch between them. With that being said, no, these speakers do not come with Bluetooth capabilities.
Something we like about the Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers is that they are quite compact, and they make for a good choice if you have limited space to work with.
There is also the fact that these speakers look quite nice, and should fit nicely with any home décor you have going on. They feature a classic wood finish.
Furthermore, you get a remote control, so you don’t have to get up to control your sound. These speakers feature a high-quality, 13 mm silk dome tweeter combined with a 4-inch bass driver for awesome sound quality. No, they are not the loudest speakers in the world, but their sound quality is pretty crisp.
- Good sound quality
- Easy to install
Not overly loud
Who is this best for?
These speakers are good for people who need an average pair of speakers to listen to music or connect to the TV, ones that are not going to cause you to go over budget.
3. Polk Audio T15 100 Watt Home Theater Bookshelf Speakers
- GET SUPERIOR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE WITH IMMERSIVE SURROUND SOUND – Featuring (1) 0.75" tweeter & (1) 5.25" Dynamic Balance Driver, these speakers are designed to produce a natural, well-balanced sound with massive bass even at the lowest frequencies
- Use these wall-mountable bookshelf speakers as FRONT, LEFT-RIGHT SETUP, SURROUNDS OR AS REAR SPEAKERS and get mesmerized by detailed audio with crystal clear vocals, enough to fill any small to medium sized room
This is an even more affordable pair of speakers for your home television or stereo system. They are by far the most affordable speakers that we have reviewed so far today, so they do make for a good option if you are on a limited budget.
Moreover, these things are not very large and they don’t take up too much space, which makes them a very space-friendly option, not to mention that they are wall mountable, if that is something you are interested in.
What you need to be aware of is that these are so-called left and right speakers – in other words, they only feature the old-school RCA connections. They do not have an AUX jack and they are not Bluetooth compatible, so that might be a bit of an issue for you.
However, you can always get multiple pairs, plus extra woofers, to create a full home theater setup.
The Polk Audio T15 100 Watt Home Theater Bookshelf Speakers come with 0.75 silk dome tweeters and a 5.25 inch composite driver, so the sound quality is good enough.
However, be aware that these are not the loudest or clearest of speakers out there.
Sure, they work well enough, but honestly, they don’t come close to speakers that cost 2 or 3 times as much. These are budget speakers and they do work well enough, but they are nothing overly special.
- Super affordable
- Perfect for small spaces
- Very easy to install or mount
- Decent sound quality
- RCA only
- Can’t go too loud
4. Dayton Audio T652 Dual 6-1/2″ 2-Way Tower Speaker Pair
- Dual 6-1/2" woofers provide superb bass power and punch
- 5/8" polycarbonate dome tweeter with ferrofluid cooling
Here we have a mid-range price option, neither the cheapest nor the most expensive option here on our list today. We would say that the quality of these speakers matches their price, as they are also not the best or the worst option of those we’ve reviewed. What we do have to say is that for the price, they do have a pretty good sound quality.
These things come with dual 6.5 inch subwoofers, combined with 5/8 inch polycarbonate dome tweeters, with a ported bass reflex design.
What we can say is that these things do provide excellent bass sound, and the highs are not too bad either. Although you won’t feel like you are in a movie theater, these speakers can attain a pretty decent volume.
Something else we like about the Dayton Audio T652 Dual 6-1/2″ 2-Way Tower Speaker Pair is that the speakers are very slim and tall.
While they do need a decent amount of height clearance to be installed, their narrow design makes them ideal for fairly tight spaces. Keep in mind that these are RCA-only speakers, so they don’t have Bluetooth or AUX connection capabilities.
- Awesome bass for their price
- Great volume for the price
- Very slim and sleek design
- RCA only
- Limited durability
5. Bang & Olufsen Beoplay M3 Compact and Powerful Wireless Speaker
- Simply beautiful minimalistic design and exchangeable front speaker to match your style
- Enhanced acoustics crafted with Natural materials to boost sound quality aluminum kvadrat fabric and soft polymer bases
Alright, so here we have quite an expensive speaker, in fact the most expensive option on our list by far. That said, you do get what you pay for, and here you get a whole lot of volume and sound quality.
What is surprising about this particular option is that by the looks of it, it is a fairly small and basic speaker, but when it comes down to it, the sound quality and volume which it can put out are out of this world. It is a very space-friendly speaker, one that you can put on a shelf or even the corner of a table, but they still manage to fill up a room with sound with relative ease.
These things feature really high-quality interior components, such as the tweeters and woofers. In terms of listening to your favorite music, these things are awesome.
Now, what needs to be said is that due to its small size, it does not have the most power or volume, and no, it’s not as loud as speakers many times the size, but for the small size, it’s quite impressive.
Keep in mind that the main connection here is Bluetooth, but it also includes an audio jack if needed.
- Really small size
- Good sound quality
- Decent volume for its size
- Very durable and long lasting
- Could use an RCA connection option
- Not the best for large rooms
Who is this best for?
This is an ideal speaker for small apartments, if you have a bit of extra cash to spend, and want something comparably high quality for the small size.
When it comes down to it, we would recommend the Fluance Ai40W Powered Two-Way 5″ 2.0 Bookshelf Speaker as our top choice. For the price, it’s a loud and powerful speaker system with a lot of connection options.
Sure, the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay M3 Wireless Speaker is very nice, but it’s also pricey and not all that loud. If you need something highly affordable for a small space, the Polk Audio T15 100 Watt Home Theater Bookshelf Speakers make for a great choice too.