If you have a large room that you want to fill with awesome audio quality, whether from a TV, a stereo, or a music-playing device, you need the right speaker or speakers.
We want to help you find some of the best speakers for a large room out on the market at this time, so we will be reviewing 5 of the best options.
Best Speakers For Large Rooms: Reviews
1. Marshall Woburn II Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Woburn II hits high trebles cleanly, handles low bass with ease and has a clear, lifelike mid range.
- Bluetooth 5.0 and aptX technology provides lossless wireless sound at a range of up to 30 feet while maintaining connectivity.
Here we have a really nice speaker that is going to work wonders for large rooms. When it comes to large rooms, this speaker can definitely pump out the sound. It comes complete with dual 1-inch tweeters and dual 5.25-inch subwoofers which are individually powered by class D amplifiers.
It features a total of 110 watts of power, and this is all made to sound warm and natural thanks to the natural wood cabinet construction.
The sound which the Marshall Woburn II Wireless Bluetooth Speaker produces is warm, natural, and loud, not to mention that it can pump out a lot of bass, it handles treble well, and highs and lows are not a problem. This speaker looks like an old-school amplifier speaker you might find at a rock concert.
This is a Bluetooth speaker that can connect too any Bluetooth-enabled device, and it has a good range of 30 feet. That said, you can also connect to devices using the RCA input or the 3.5 mm audio jack.
Something else which stands out about this speaker is that it comes with adjustment controls, so you can adjust the volume, treble, and bass with ease. The durability of this speaker is also quite high.
- Great bass, treble, highs, and lows
- Great volume
- Many connectivity options
- User friendly
- Quite durable
- Very expensive
- Sound all comes from a single area
The Marshall Woburn II Wireless Bluetooth Speaker is best for anybody who wants just one speaker to fill a whole room with clear audio, one that connect to your devices in a multitude of ways.
2. Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed. (None Bluetooth version)
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Natural sound reproduction from 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4 inch full range unit
These Edifer bookshelf speakers are a much more affordable pair of speakers that can work quite well for any room. What is nice about these speakers is that you get two of them, for more of a surround-sound effect. Both speakers feature a 13-mm silk dome tweeter as well as a 4-inch subwoofer.
These speakers may not be quite as powerful as the previous option we looked at, at least not on their own, but there are two of them, so they should be more than loud enough for a large room.
Moreover, they handle bass, treble, highs, and lows quite well, although the bass sound is not the best we have ever heard. The Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers come with controls to adjust bass, treble, and volume.
Something else which stands out about these speakers is that you can connect to them using the RCA and headphone outputs, and you don’t have to switch between multiple devices. That said, these speakers do not support Bluetooth.
They are not too large and should be able to easily fit in most spaces, yet provide enough volume and a high-quality sound ideal for a large room. The classic MDF wood finish looks pretty sleek and works well with many home décors.
- Compact and sleek looking
- Great volume
- 3.5-mm jack and RCA connectivity
- Quite durable
- Adjustable output
- Bass could be a little better
- Some problems with the nonpowered speaker
The Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers are best for you if you have a stereo or TV and just want small yet powerful speakers to bring everything together.
3. Polk T50 150 Watt Home Theater Floor Standing Tower Speaker
- GET SUPERIOR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE WITH IMMERSIVE SURROUND SOUND & HI-RES AUDIO. Featuring a 1" tweeter, a 6.5" Driver and (2) 6.5" Bass Radiators. The 2 bass radiators augment the main woofer and produce a well-balanced, natural warm sound reaching the far corners of the room
- AMPLIFY YOUR MOVIE, MUSIC AND GAMING EXPERIENCE with this T-series speaker that not only sounds brilliant but also heightens your audio experience. Fill any small to medium sized room, produce captivating lifelike sound, which pulls you right into the heart of the action
If you are on the hunt for a large and powerful speaker that can light up a whole room, one that can be used for your stereo, television, and music playing devices, this Polk T50 Tower Speaker Polk T50 Tower Speaker is a fantastic option.
We do want to mention that this speaker is quite large and heavy; it is a tower speaker meant to stand on the floor, so you won’t be putting it on a small shelf. However, at least it looks quite nice, and more important than anything else, it is loud, powerful, and has great audio quality too.
The Polk T50 Tower Speaker comes complete with a 1-inch tweeter, dual 6.- inch drivers, and dual 6.5-inch bass radiators. When it comes to crisp, clear, and natural sound, this speaker does not come up short, and when it comes to a deep bass sound, this speaker carries its weight.
In terms of highs, lows, treble, and volume, the Polk T50 Tower Speaker also performs quite well. However, something that you need to keep in mind is that you will need a receiver to hook this speaker up to your TV or stereo.
It’s not something that you can just plug in, but with that said, it’s a great option for creating a full home theater setup for a large room.
- Very loud and powerful
- Deep bass and clear treble
- Great for large rooms
- Great for creating a surround sound theater setup
- Awesome value for the money
- Requires a receiver
- Limited durability
The Polk T50 150 Watt Home Theater Floor Standing Tower Speaker is best for creating a full-fledged home theater setup in a large room.
4. Fluance SXBP2 Home Theater Bipolar Surround Sound Speakers
- Reproduce movie theater sound with immersive bipolar surrounds
- Bipolar radiation pattern for optimum surround imaging
These are moderately priced speakers that will work for a large room, especially for a large home theater. The best aspect of these Fluance SXBP2 Bipolar Speakers is bipolar feature, something which allows them to accurately reproduce and recreate sound just as it should be in a movie theater, concert hall, or whatever else.
Here you get two speakers, each of which produce sound in two different directions, which helps create a real surround-sound like home theater experience.
Let’s not forget that the audio quality of these speakers is very high as well. For one, they have a lot of power behind them, so they should have no problems filling up a large room with sound.
Moreover, the Fluance SXBP2 Bipolar Speakers also feature dual neodymium balanced dome ferrofluid cooled tweeters combined with dual 4-inch woofers.
Whether rich bass, clear treble, or crisp highs and lows, this speaker system can do it all. They aren’t the most durable, and you will need a receiver for them, but they can pump out high quality sound, no problem.
- Great price
- Dual bipolar speakers for surround sound
- Very loud
- Great sound quality in all regards
- Require a receiver
- Not the most durable
The Fluance SXBP2 Bipolar Speakers are great if you want to create a large home theater and require great audio quality.
5. W-King Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HIGH DEFINITION CRYSTAL CLEAR SOUND: With this speaker, you’ll feel as if you’re at a live concert, with clear high notes, deep bass and true HD sound. This advanced Bluetooth speaker has the latest state-of-the-art double 25 WATTS drivers and double passive bass radiators are located on the right and left side of the speaker producing deep, enhanced bass. Premium Bluetooth 5.0 technology effortlessly connects to all of your Bluetooth-enabled devices up to 66ft range.
- CHARGE ALL YOUR PORTABLE DEVICES: Under the sleek yet rugged exterior, there is a massive 8000mAh built-in power bank that will charge your iPhone, Android smartphone, tablet, iPad or action camera.
In case it is something portable you need, the W-King Wireless Bluetooth Speaker is a fantastic option. It comes complete with a carrying strap; it’s not overly large, and it’s not overly heavy either.
It’s the kind of thing which you could take to a friend’s house, a party, the cottage, or wherever else. It’s a very portable speaker with a high-quality Bluetooth connection, with a range of up to 100 feet.
The W-King Wireless Bluetooth Speaker may not be the loudest and most powerful of all speakers we covered in this review, but that said, considering its small size, portability, and pretty good price, it still comes with a lot of value for your money.
It might not be the best for super large rooms, but as far as portable speakers for large rooms go, it’s hands down one of the best options out there. For its small size, it’s fairly loud, it has great bass, and it is even waterproof.
- Lightweight and portable
- Waterproof and very durable
- Great cost
- Connect with Bluetooth – range of 100 feet
- Great battery life
- Impressive quality and volume considering the small size
- Not as loud or powerful as other options reviewed today
- Requires charging
If you need a good speaker for a large room that is battery powered and highly portable, the W-King Wireless Bluetooth Speaker might be the right one for you.
Of course, you have your own preferences and needs, which is exactly what you need to consider before making a purchase. Do you want something for a stereo, for a TV, or maybe something more portable?
Also, consider how much money you are willing to spend. Once you have determined this, you can then decide what your own best speaker for a large room is.