Last Updated on
Although many people have switched to small tablets and laptops, many still use a desktop computer, and yes, a desktop needs good speakers too. Today we want to help you find the best soundbar for your computer, so let’s get to it!
Best Soundbar For Your Computer: Reviews
1. TaoTronics Computer Sound Bar
- Wide Array of Compatibilities: Works with any device that has a standard 3. 5mm headphone jack, such as PC s/ laptops / smartphones / tablets / projectors
- Impressive Audio: High-quality sound suitable for enjoyment at work or other small space
Here we have a very reasonably priced computer soundbar, one that makes for a good option if you are looking for pretty good sound quality, but don’t want to spend a fortune on speakers.
Keep in mind that the TaoTronics Computer Sound Bar is a wired soundbar, so it does require you to plug it into a 3.5 audio jack, but most computers, laptops, televisions, and music players come with those, so this really should not be a problem. The benefit of being wired in every way is that you don’t have to worry about a wireless connection or about battery life.
The TaoTronics Computer Sound Bar is advertised as being a computer soundbar, which is fine, but this item is actually quite large and bulky, so it might not be ideal if you are running low on space for the soundbar.
It does have a fairly slim design overall, but it is still quite large, nonetheless.
What is nice about the TaoTronics Computer Sound Bar is that it is headphone and microphone enabled. The microphone aspect helps make it ideal for gaming.
This item does have good enough sound quality for a small space, but it’s not the best sound quality, nor is this the loudest soundbar by far. However, for the low price, there is really no complaining.
- Very good price
- Fairly durable
- Easy to set up
- Headphone and mic compatible
- A bit large
- Not ideal for large spaces
Who is this best for?
This product is best if you need a decent soundbar for a great price.
2. EIVOTOR Wired Computer Sound Bar
- 【Crystal Clear Sound】This USB computer sound bar has a dual stereo 3D system (2x3W) that reproduces clear, pleasant sounds.High-quality sound suitable for enjoyment at work or other small space
- 【Great Compatibility】USB interface and standard 3.5mm headphone jack, works great with PC, Computer, TV, Notebook, Tablet, Microphone, Headset, Smartphone, Projector, CD Player. Enjoy audio from your favorite games, music and movies.
This is an even more affordable computer soundbar than the one we just looked at, but only by a few dollars. Something which we like about the EIVOTOR Wired Computer Sound Bar is that it is a simple plug-and-play option.
All you have to do is plug it into the USB slot of your computer, laptop, or TV, and you don’t even need a power cord, which is quite convenient, and if you happen to not have a USB port, you can still use a wall adaptor.
Keep in mind that the EIVOTOR Wired Computer Sound Bar is wired, which means that it doesn’t require a Bluetooth connection, so you never have to worry about connection quality, and as long as your device has a 3.5 mm headphone jack, you can plug it in.
In terms of size, the EIVOTOR Wired Computer Sound Bar is fairly slim, although quite long, but its slim design means that it does not take up too much space.
On a side note, something else I like about the EIVOTOR Wired Computer Sound Bar is that it comes with a volume control dial on the side of it.
Now, admittedly, the sound quality of this soundbar is not the best, as it does not have the highest quality components inside. It is, however, good enough for some basic computer use, gaming and music listening. Just don’t be expecting a Hi-Fi speaker.
- Very affordable
- Slim design
- Plug and play
Not the best sound quality
Who is this best for?
This is a decent soundbar for anybody who wants a bit of volume for their computer but does not want to spend too much.
3. ELEGIANT Computer Soundbar
- √【Unique & Sleek Design】: This sound bar (15.7 x 2.2 x 2.4 inches) is essentially a slim speaker system which are able to deliver a virtual surround sound experience with 5W x2 RMS output power.
- √【Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Connection】: Adopts RF technology, effective distance can reach up to 10 10m/33feet, compatible with most bluetooth devices, You can stream music from your multimedia device directly to this sound bar.
This is yet another very affordable soundbar for your computer that costs virtually the same as the first option we looked at. What is pretty cool about the ELEGIANT Computer Soundbar is that it is both wired and wireless.
It does come with Bluetooth capability, which means that you can sync any Bluetooth-capable device to it, such as a phone, tablet, laptop, or any other such device, and yes, the Bluetooth connection is pretty decent — maybe not the best, but good enough to work from up to around 25 feet away.
Moreover, you can also choose to plug in your device using a simple 3.5mm headphone jack, which is great for any device that does not have Bluetooth. What’s cool is that if you have it connected to your phone via Bluetooth, you can control calls with it.
Now, the sound quality is actually pretty decent, especially considering that the ELEGIANT Computer Soundbar comes at a fairly low price. No, it does not have the best sound quality of all soundbars out there, but pretty decent nonetheless, so it is a good choice for a small room or basic use, but do not expect any Hi-Fi quality from it.
What’s cool here is that it comes with a TF card slot, which can hold a 32 GB card with all of your favorite music on it.
- Low price
- Good for a small room
- Wired and wireless capabilities
- Sleek and slim
- Not Hi-Fi
- Not ideal for large rooms
Who is this best for?
Just like the others on our list, this soundbar is best if you want something half decent that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
4. Smalody Computer Soundbar
- ✔FASHION DESIGN- Smalody soundbar is with unique design, stylish smooth appearance makes you feel all places get organized.LED indicator light and spin button more easy to operate,when you play music the color will change,very cool design.
- ✔WIDELY USED-Compatible with iPhone,iPad, HTC,Samsung,Tablets, play audio from Laptops,PCs,mp3 player ect ; Easily connect any device with a playlist to have continuous sound for any occasion,perfect for home, dorm room, kitchen, bathroom, car, parties.
Here we have a slightly more expensive soundbar than the others we have looked at so far. Yes, it is a few bucks more expensive than some other computer soundbars, but it also has some really good features.
For one, to connect the Smalody Computer Soundbar, you can use a Bluetooth connection from your phone, tablet, or laptop; you can use an AUX cable to connect to pretty much any device with a headphone jack; and you can use an RCA connection, such as straight from your television. Having so many different ways to connect it is convenient.
The Smalody Computer Soundbar also has a pretty good sound quality. Now, it’s not a several hundred dollar Hi-Fi speaker, so the sound quality is not the very best in the world, but when compared to the other options on our list, it is much better.
It goes pretty loud and the sound quality is pretty good, and it features noise-reduction tech. In terms of space, the Smalody Computer Soundbar is pretty slim and sleek, so it won’t take up too much room.
- Pretty good sound quality for the price
- Multiple connection methods
- Sleek design
Not very durable physically
Who is this best for?
This soundbar is best if you have a couple of extra bucks to spend and want something that has fairly good sound quality.
5. Creative Compact Computer Soundbar
- Under-monitor sound bar for computer | designed to fit perfectly under your computer monitor, the low-profile speaker is powered by USB that goes into your monitor with a built-in USB hub for a clutter-free desktop set-up
- Dual-driver with oversized passive radiator | hear crystal-clear highs and groove to the thumping bass at volumes belying its size! Stage air houses dual custom-tuned drivers and oversized passive radiator that deliver impressive audio with big bass for immersive, near-field Audio entertainment in the comfort of your room
This is our last option and it is also quite an affordable one. Now, this is a very compact soundbar, one that barely takes up any space, and is best placed right under the monitor of a computer. Keep in mind that this device is USB powered, so you need to be able to plug it into a USB slot, such as on your computer, but a universal wall outlet adaptor would work too.
The Creative Compact Computer Soundbar can be connected to a device using a simple AUX cord and Bluetooth, for increased versatility. What does need to be said here is that for the small size, this thing has some pretty decent sound quality, especially when it comes to the bass.
The Creative Compact Computer Soundbar has controls on the side of the panel for easy adjustments.
- Compact design
- Multiple connection options
- Good bass sound
- Does not do too well with highs
- Physical durability is limited
Who is this best for?
If you need a small and compact computer soundbar, this is one of the better options to keep in mind.
Quite honestly, coming to a final recommendation here is fairly difficult, because when it comes down to it, all 5 of these options are fairly similar, both in terms of price and function.
Sure, they have small differences in size and in sound quality, but when it comes down to it, it is really a matter of personal preference and what you think will suit your current setup the best.