If you need better audio quality than what just your TV alone can provide, you might want to look into getting a soundbar.
In this article, we’re going to be reviewing and discussing some of the best small soundbars available right now.
Best Small Soundbar: Reviews
1. Sonos Beam Smart TV Soundbar with Amazon Alexa
- Beam - The smart, compact soundbar for TV, music, and more.
- High definition sound - Experience rich, detailed sound for your TV that fills the entire room.
If you need a small, compact, and great-quality soundbar for your TV setup, the Sonos Beam Smart TV Soundbar could be a good option.
It is on the expensive side, but you get what you pay for, and here you get quite a bit.
The Sonos Beam Smart TV Soundbar is very small and compact so it can fit under, beside, or in front of any TV. However, just because it isn’t a large soundbar doesn’t mean that it can’t pump out some serious volume.
This soundbar can put out pretty loud sound, and the quality is top notch too.
Whether highs, lows, bass, or treble, it gets the job done and it produces extremely clear and crisp sound quality so you can enjoy your favorite music and movies while hearing absolutely every last note, instrument, or gunshot.
What’s also neat about the Sonos Beam Smart TV Soundbar is that it is specially engineered to amplify the human voice; it’s pretty convenient for those quiet movie scenes.
All you need to connect it are the two included cords, plus the included remote is detected automatically. It comes with Amazon’s Alexa, which some people will find to be very useful.
- Very small and compact
- Easy to connect
- Great sound quality
- Amazon Alexa built-in
As a cool little audio interface investing in this soundbar can be great if you enjoy watching TV, but you are not satisfied with the sound quality of it. Yes, it is a bit pricier but still worth every single penny!
2. VIZIO SB2920-C6 Channel Sound Bar
- 2.0 Premium Audio The VIZIO 2.0 Sound Bar is an easy way to enhance your audio experience when watching your favorite content on the TV. The full-range stereo speakers boost your audio, while DTS technologies simulate incredible surround sound
- Bluetooth Streaming Lose the wires and listen to your music with a tap of a finger from anywhere in the room. (Performance and compatibility among Bluetooth devices may vary.)
Here we have another really nice soundbar, although it does not come with Amazon Alexa. What you might like is that the VIZIO SB2920-C6 Channel Sound Bar costs about a third of the price of the item we just looked at.
So just because this soundbar costs a third of the price of the previous option, it does not mean that it has worse-sound quality.
From what we can tell, the main thing which accounts for the price difference is the fact that the VIZIO SB2920-C6 Channel Sound Bar does not come with Amazon Alexa.
It does have really good sound quality, it can be cranked up very loud, the sound is crisp and clear, and it even has decent bass. Now, the bass is not the best, but you can upgrade the VIZIO SB2920-C6 Channel Sound Bar and connect extra subwoofers to it.
What’s also neat is that it comes with so-called DTS TruVolume, which keeps the volume at a comfortable level when watching movies and listening to music.
The VIZIO SB2920-C6 Channel Sound Bar features a surround sound effect, and although it does not come with multiple speakers, it still sounds like surround sound.
The VIZIO SB2920-C6 Channel Sound Bar is a small and compact soundbar that you can easily fit in front or under any television setup with ease.
Keep in mind that this soundbar connects to your devices via Bluetooth, and it easily connects to your TV via a simple cable hookup.
It’s a nice looking item which should fit any home décor.
- Great sound quality
- Loud volume
- Easy to connect to TV and devices
- Small and compact
- Could use a bass boost
- Not all that long lasting
Much like the aforementioned product, this one is for all you sound enthusiasts that don’t want to miss an inch of what was said on a TV show or that live broadcast program.
While it does lack a stronger bass this shouldn’t be a huge concern for you considering that you are not buying it for the purpose of listening to music!
3. BOSE Solo 5 TV Soundbar Sound System
- Single sound bar provides better sound quality compared to your TV.The Solo 5 TV sound system is an easy solution, with advanced technologies that deliver the clear audio your TV can’t.
- Dialogue mode to make every word and detail stand out
Here we have a fairly expensive soundbar, one that comes at around twice the cost of the previous model, but which is still much cheaper than the Alexa model we first reviewed, but Bose has always been known for its top-notch sound quality.
The Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar Sound System is an item that has very flexible placement.
For one, it’s quite small and compact, so you can fit it virtually anywhere, and if you choose, you can just place it under your TV, although you can mount it on a wall as well.
One of the best aspects of the Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar Sound System is that you can easily connect it to your TV using a single cable, and the soundbar even recognizes what kind of cable is being used, just to make life easier.
Another beneficial aspect of the Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar Sound System is that it comes with a dialogue mode to amplify the human voice; you can hear what people are saying in those really quiet movie scenes and TV shows.
The Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar Sound System has excellent sound quality, truly excellent, because it is very loud, it has excellent clarity and crispness, and it has awesome bass too.
It even comes with a feature so you can really pump up the bass for those heavy-duty songs.
This item also comes with a universal remote control that you can use to control the Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar Sound System and your TV at the same time.
- Versatile placement options
- Small and compact
- Super simple to connect
- Awesome sound quality with bass boost feature
- Very expensive
- Remote control can be a bit iffy
Being another pricey option, investing in the Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar Sound System is something you should do as a true enthusiast of television programs and somebody that can’t go without clean and high volume broadcasts.
4. Sony HT-MT300/B Powerful Mini Soundbar
- Straight from the theater to your home: powerful mini soundbar with easy set-up and clear sound for any home office or family room
- Stylish, compact design fits a wide variety of spaces, including a slim wireless subwoofer that conveniently fits under a sofa or desk
This soundbar comes at the same price as the one we just looked at. It’s a very high-quality soundbar with good audio, and it even comes with some extras.
The Sony HT-MT300/B Powerful Mini Soundbar has a really good sound quality. It features great highs and lows, really crisp sound, and it even comes with an extra wireless subwoofer.
The speaker itself has great sound quality on its own, and it’s all quite clear, but if you want to listen to music, or really get the full effect from your favorite movie, the subwoofer comes in very handy.
Moreover, you can also connect the Sony HT-MT300/B Powerful Mini Soundbar to your phone, tablet, or computer using a Bluetooth connection, plus you can insert a USB stick as well, so you can stream music from multiple sources with ease.
The Sony HT-MT300/B Powerful Mini Soundbar is very slim and compact, which is also true of the subwoofer.
Although with that being said, the subwoofer is separate here, so it does take up some more space than any of the other soundbars we have reviewed today.
The Sony HT-MT300/B Powerful Mini Soundbar comes with via optical, digital, and analogue audio inputs, plus it has wireless capabilities too. All in all, for the price, we think that this soundbar is one of the best out there at this time.
- Very high quality audio – especially the bass
- Multiple connection options
- Durable design
- Not the best for human voice amplification
- A bit pricey
- Subwoofer takes up extra space
Unlike the above mentioned three products, this particular model is perfect for listening to music via TV especially if it includes a lot of strong bass. On the other hand, if you are someone who enjoys amplifying broadcasts via a soundbar you are better off with some of the previous few models.
5. ASIYUN Soundbar
- ♫ SPECIAL DESIGN - This soundbar is with unique design makes the sound. Unit Sixe: 40mmx2. It is AntiMagnetic,AntiNoise and HQchipset. With LED indicator light and spin button more easy to operate. With built-in microphone, you can even use this speaker for answering calls.
- ♫ BLUETOOTH 5.0 TECHNOLOGY - This soundbar is with Bluetooth 5.0, bluetooth module adopts RF technology. Effective distance can reach to 10 meters. It also support HSP, HPP,A2DP,AVRCP format. You can stream music from your multimedia device directly onto this speaker.
Here we are going in the opposite direction, because the ASIYUN Soundbar is by far the least expensive option among our reviews, coming in at under $50.
The ASIYUN Soundbar is a decent option, especially if you need something that is very affordable. If you are on a budget, this is probably the best speaker for you.
What you might like about the ASIYUN Soundbar is that it can connect via Bluetooth to various devices so you can stream music from any source that is Bluetooth enabled.
It can also connect via an AUX jack so you can use a wired connection. If your TV has Bluetooth, you can connect it that way, or via a wired connection too.
Keep in mind that the effective range of the Bluetooth is 10 meters, which is admittedly not fantastic, but it could be worse as well.
What does need to be said here is that the sound quality and the volume could be a bit better, but you really cannot complain considering the low price of the speaker.
- Very cost effective
- Multiple connection options
- Small and compact
- Sound quality and volume is not fantastic
- Durability is a small issue
For most people watching TV is a thing of the past, some still enjoy it. If you are among those who enjoy watching TV, investing in a small soundbar may be just the right choice in terms of improving sound quality and the overall experience!
Additionally, if you prefer listening to music or watching programs on your laptop without earphones, a small soundbar will be a great product for you.
If you want something with super high quality audio and don’t mind spending extra, you could go with the Sony HT-MT300/B Powerful Mini Sound bar, the Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar Sound System, or the VIZIO SB2920-C6 Channel Sound Bar.
If you like Amazon Alexa, the Sonos Beam Smart TV Soundbar with Amazon Alexa is your best choice.
If it’s a lower budget you are working with, the ASIYUN Soundbar is probably your best choice.