Last Updated on
Whether you want to sing some karaoke at home with friends, or maybe you own a karaoke bar or venue, having the right equipment is what it’s all about.
Today we want to help you find the best karaoke microphone of 2019, so let’s get right to it!
Best Karaoke Microphones: Reviews
1. Sennheiser Consumer EW Microphone System
- 42 MHz bandwidth: 1680 tunable UHF frequencies for interference-free reception
- Enhanced frequency bank system with up to 12 compatible frequencies
This is a high-quality microphone that will do just fine for karaoke, but it is intended for professional singing. It’s expensive, but it might just be one of the best out there right now.
The Sennheiser Consumer EW Microphone System comes with everything you need to sing like a professional, whether for a real concert or for some high-quality karaoke.
It comes complete with a high-quality receiver, which can then easily be plugged into other audio-in systems, mixers, amps, and speakers too. It comes with an auto scan function to ensure that it is always using the best frequency to connect to the microphone itself.
It’s something that helps ensure an interference-free performance at all times. The scanning system is quick, efficient, and reliable.
The connection between the mic and the receiver is usually always solid. It comes with 12 different frequencies.
What also needs to be said about the Sennheiser Consumer EW Microphone System is that the mic itself is about as good as it gets. With low or no latency, the ability to block outside sounds, and the fact that it can pick up your voice from all directions, are all benefits too.
- Professional quality receiver
- High level of durability
- Professional quality microphone
- Great audio
- Great connection abilities
- May be overkill for simple karaoke
The Sennheiser Consumer EW Microphone System can be used for karaoke, although it is quite expensive and really intended for more professional purposes.
2. GTD Audio G-380H VHF Wireless Microphone System
- Consumer Alert: Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device.
- Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888- CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC's wireless microphone website at fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
The GTD Audio wireless microphone is a good system for karaoke that comes complete with 4 microphones, and it does not cost much, making it ideal for group karaoke sessions.
The GTD Audio G-380H VHF Wireless Microphone System features a 4-channel receiver with 4 mics, making it ideal for group karaoke singing with up to 4 people at once.
Keep in mind that each microphone operates on its own fixed frequency, so all 4 mics can be used at the same time, but on the other hand, you can only use a single GTD Audio G-380H VHF Wireless Microphone System at once, so no more than 4 people.
What is nice is that the microphones themselves, although not being the absolute best in the sector, are still fairly high quality, more than good enough for some basic karaoke singing.
They eliminate interference quite well, they feature low latency, and they have good sound pickup too. This product also comes complete with a 1/4″ mixed output and four XLR individual outputs. Each of the mics also comes with its own volume control.
In terms of durability, this whole system is pretty decent. No, we wouldn’t deliberately drop it on the ground, but if you treat it right, it should last for a good few years.
What is also impressive about the GTD Audio G-380H VHF Wireless Microphone System is that it comes with a 230 foot wireless range.
- Great range
- High level of durability
- Good for group karaoke
- Decent mic quality
- Up to 4 people at once
- Battery life of microphones is not the best
- Only use 1 system at once
The GTD Audio G-380H VHF Wireless Microphone System is best for a group karaoke session, whether at home or at a bar.
3. Shure SLX2/SM58 Handheld Transmitter with SM58 Microphone
- For this wireless system component to work, please make sure your transmitter and receiver match in frequency range (style)
- The SLX2/SM58 Handheld Wireless Microphone Transmitter works with SLX Wireless Systems. Refer user manual under technical specification for trouble shooting steps
This is another high-quality all-in-one microphone and transmitter that comes with a pretty high price, but also comes with everything you need for a great karaoke session.
The Shure SLX2/SM58 Handheld Transmitter with SM58 Microphone comes with both the mic and the transmitter, but be sure to take note of the fact that you do not get a receiver here — you will need to have a receiver that is compatible with this mic, and you need it to plug into a mixer or amp.
Also, be sure to match the frequencies for it all to work. The Shure SLX2/SM58 Handheld Transmitter with SM58 Microphone allows you to choose the frequency, so you can find one without interference for a high-quality performance.
This mic has an excellent battery life, but it is not rechargeable and it operates using disposable batteries, which is a bit of a drawback; however, a single pair of AA batteries will last for up to 8 hours, plus, it comes with a fuel gauge so you know exactly how much battery life is left.
In terms of overall sound quality, latency, clarity, and performance, it is one of the better options out there, especially for simple karaoke.
- Low latency
- Great sound pickup
- Overall high quality
- Allows you to choose the frequency
- Durable and high-quality design
- Fairly pricey
- No receiver
The Shure SLX2/SM58 Handheld Transmitter with SM58 Microphone is best for a professional setting, such as a karaoke club or bar, which requires a high-quality microphone system.
4. Sony ECMAW4 Wireless Microphone
- Interactive Communication
- Two-way communication, up to 150 feet from the camcorder. Wireless microphone for recording clear sound from up to 164.04 feet away
This Sony wireless mic is a less expensive system designed to be used with wireless camcorders and other such system; it’s not exactly mean for live karaoke, but you can still record music with it.
The Sony ECMAW4 Wireless Microphone is a Bluetooth microphone designed to be used with a camera or camcorder, although, it does come with a receiver, and if you set it up the right way, it could also be used for karaoke.
However, it will take a bit of ingenuity to connect it properly to a karaoke mixer. That said, it is a very simple item to use in theory, just connect it to the receiver via Bluetooth, and it’s good to go.
To be clear, when you purchase the Sony ECMAW4 Wireless Microphone, you get a set of 2 microphones, so it can be used for tandem karaoke singing.
We like that this system comes at a fairly low price, but keep in mind that the microphones are not the highest quality; they have some features to help reduce outside interference, but overall, there are higher quality options on the list today.
- Good price
- 2 microphones
- Ideal for a variety of purposes
- Not ideal for connecting to mixers
- Not the highest quality mics
The Sony ECMAW4 Wireless Microphone is best for home-based karaoke use when 2 people want to sing, but it’s ideal use is with camcorders.
5. Shure PGXD24/SM58-X8 Digital Handheld Wireless System with SM58 Vocal Microphone
- The PGXD2 transmitter features automatic setup, a multi-function LED Indicator, and provides you with 8 hours of continuous use on 2 AA batteries. It gives you and your microphone a generous 200' (60m) operating range without losing audio quality.
- The PGXD4 receiver offers 24-bit/48kHz accurate sound, offers technology for incredibly accurate sound, auto frequency selection, and greater reliability thanks to its true digital diversity.
This is a high-priced and high-quality option that will perform amicably for any professional karaoke singing contest.
The Shure PGXD24/SM58-X8 Digital Handheld Wireless System with SM58 Vocal Microphone comes complete with everything you need to get started, including the microphone and wireless receiver. The receiver is very intuitive and easy to use.
You can scan for the best frequency to use at any given time, so you can get an interference-free performance, and it comes with many possible frequencies to choose from. On that same note, this system is also easy to connect to a mixer or amp.
What can also be said about the Shure PGXD24/SM58-X8 Digital Handheld Wireless System with SM58 Vocal Microphone is that the whole system is durable.
High-quality components have been used in the build, and it can withstand some rough handling from people who should have probably stopped drinking a few hours ago. What can also be said is that in terms of overall performance and sound quality, this microphone is one of the very best on the list today.
- Super high quality sound
- Various frequencies to choose from
- High quality receiver and sound quality
- Clear and long range connection
- Super durable build
Quite expensive for simple karaoke
The Shure PGXD24/SM58-X8 Digital Handheld Wireless System with SM58 Vocal Microphone is best for a pretty serious karaoke singer or a bar that requires high-quality equipment.
When it comes down to it, with something like karaoke microphones, it really depends on the amount you are willing to spend.
There are some less expensive options on our list, but they all come with their own problems, whether the sound quality is not great or there is no receiver included.
We would recommend spending a bit extra for a high-quality system that can stand up to professional environments.