Karaoke machines are getting better and better. It is now possible to get a full stand-alone karaoke machine for under $100!
There are a number of features that go into making a good karaoke machine. Whether you are a seasoned professional, or an aspiring superstar, there is a perfect karaoke machine for you.
There are a few considerations you should be making when selecting your karaoke machine. We’ll quickly discuss these considerations and then dive straight into the reviews.
By the end of the article, we hope you will have a good understanding of what to look for in your karaoke machine.
The Best Karaoke Machine: Reviews
1. Singtrix Party Bundle
- ULTIMATE FAMILY PARTY EXPERIENCE - MAKES BAD SINGERS SOUND GOOD & GOOD SINGERS SOUND AMAZING - from creators of Guitar Hero, featured on Shark Tank, Ellen, The Kardashians & more. Singtrix will be your go to device for home entertainment.
- MOST ADVANCED KARAOKE – designed to sound like a million-dollar recording studio & a live concert event in your living room. 375 plus effects, skill levels, natural pitch-correction, hard-tune (Auto-Tune), harmonies, reverb, delay, extreme effects & more
- 300 built-in effects
- 3 levels of voice enhancement
- plus-circle40-watt speaker with built-in subwoofer
- plus-circleComes with mic stand
The best karaoke machine. This is definitely our favorite and the most high-quality karaoke machine on our list. Unfortunately, it’s also the most expensive. There are a ton of features to like in the Singtrix Party Bundle.
For starters it has over 300 effects and 3 levels of vocal enhancement for beginners to pro. It has pitch-correction built in with the ability to use 4-part harmony and choir effects. There are also additional effects of gender-blending and voice-morphing.
It has all the inputs and outputs of a standard karaoke machine with the ability to connect your smartphone or tablet. This will give you access to 1000s of free YouTube karaoke content you can sing along with.
You are able to access all of the effects using the microphone, which is great for on the fly performances.
Another feature we love is the powerful speaker. The included speaker has a 40 Watt power rating, enough to fill medium to large rooms. It also has a built-in sub-woofer to provide great low-end response.
Finally, it has vocal cancellation that lowers the vocal level on regular tracks so you can sing the lead vocals.
Bottom Line: The best karaoke machine on the market. You won’t find better value in any other machine.
2. Little Pretender Kids Karaoke Machine
- 2 KARAOKE MICROPHONE - 1 Sing Along Microphone with an adjustable Stand and additional handheld microphone for your little stars guest singer, Stand measurements: “18.5 inches – 40 inches fully extended
- SPEAKER HANDLE & ASSEMBLY - Optional handle to carry the lightweight speaker, perfect for dancing while singing. Easy to assemble & disassemble for quick setup & storage
- Handy pedal controls on the base
- plus-circleAdjustable stand height
- plus-circleRuns on batteries
- plus-circleIncluded aux cable and batteries
- plus-circleCool effects
- No option for displaying lyrics
- minus-circleFeels kind of cheap
- minus-circleNot very loud
For just under $50, at number 2, we have the Little Pretender Kids karaoke machine. Unlike most other karaoke machines out there, this one allows your child to be a true star on the stage!
The actual device is in a form of a small base, with all of the controls easily accessible via a couple of footswitches. This means that you never have to put the microphone down while you are singing.
The stand itself extends from 18 to 40 inches and is easily adjusted to the height of your child.
The base has a small handle, so it can easily be carried around, or used as a base for the actual mic stand.
While the actual controls are pretty minimalistic, they offer many hours of fun singing along to your favorite tunes.
One controls the “special stage sound effects” such as an applause and the stage lights on the platform itself, while the other has 6 different tunes you can play in the background.
As far as connectivity goes, there is an AUX port (cable included), and 2 microphone inputs.
There is only one knob for the volume, but the level of the backing track can easily be adjusted via the actual source.
Bottom Line: As this is a karaoke machine oriented towards children, you can’t really be too hard on it. As for the experience, I’m sure the kids will love it and have a lot of fun with it!
3. Singing Machine SML385BTBK
- Bluetooth for wireless digital audio streaming from compatible devices and top loading CD player plays music CDs plus CD + Graphics
- 54 LED disco lights with dimmer setting allows you to control the party ambience and 2-Digital LED display lets you know your song track
- Compact form factor
- plus-circleSupports various audio sources
- plus-circleBuilt-in auto voice control
- plus-circleSupports 2 microphones
- You only get one microphone
- minus-circleThe mic build quality is mediocre
- minus-circleOverall build quality could be better
At number 1, we have the SML285BTW by Singing Machine. Although it is the cheapest karaoke machine on our list, it still has a lot to offer.
Starting with the design, the Singing Machine is pretty compact and easy to carry around. As it has a built-in speaker, you don’t need any additional equipment to start singing right away!
You can either use regular audio CDs or the CD+Gs that allow you to display the lyrics on your TV alongside the music. This model allows up to 2 microphones to be used at the same time, but unfortunately, you only get one in the box.
It does have a built-in speaker. However, it’s not the best quality speaker on the market. It would be fantastic for kids, but if you’re looking for something with a little more punch you’ll want to move down the list.
As far as the controls go, you have your standard mic volume and playback knobs and buttons, as well as a big master volume knob. Other controls include echo, balance, and a handy little fader that controls the intensity of the “disco” lights.
If you’re not that sure about your singing skills, you can always use the auto voice control for some extra help!
This model also supports Bluetooth streaming, as well as a line in, so you don’t have to get all of your favorite songs on a CD.
Bottom Line: So, if you’re looking for an inexpensive karaoke machine that you can easily use with CDs or connect to your Bluetooth enabled device, the SML285BTW by Singing Machine is a good option. Just be careful when handling it, as it is not very sturdy.
4. Singing Machine STVG785BTW
- Adults and kids karaoke machine with 7" LCD color monitor and disco LED lights
- Perfect for any party, plays CD/CD+G, MP3+G from USB, or records voice and music to USB
- LCD display shows you the lyrics
- plus-circleSmall enough to be easily carried around
- plus-circleAdded USB connectivity
- plus-circleEasy to use
- The speaker could be louder
- minus-circleUsers reported that the mic stopped working after a while
At number 3, we have another model coming from Singing Machine. The STVG785BTW although a bit more expensive, is a definite step up from the model we’ve discussed previously.
Once again, the device is pretty much self-contained. However, unlike the model we’ve mentioned, this one allows you to view the lyrics on the device itself, as well as on the TV.
This means that you can enjoy singing your favorite songs with no additional devices needed.
The controls are more or less the same as they are on the first model. You can adjust the master and mic volume levels separately, add echo and auto voice control.
Connectivity-wise, the STVG785BTW offers a USB port alongside the standard aux input, CD/CD+G, and Bluetooth.
A neat addition to the party atmosphere are the flashing lights, which are, once again, easily controlled via a fader on the left-hand side of the device.
This model supports 2 microphones, but you will have to buy the second one separately, as only one is included in the package.
Bottom Line: The STVG785BTW has pretty much everything you might need from a karaoke machine. However, don’t expect too much from it, as the speaker may not be loud enough for certain occasions.
5. Karaoke GF842
- 35W Peak Digital Power Amplifier (25W RMS) (Best with Polaroid 9V Batteries)
- 7" TFT Digital Color Screen
- Good overall build quality
- plus-circleHandy 7” screen
- plus-circlePowerful speaker
- plus-circleGreat connectivity options
- plus-circleComes with 300 songs with lyrics
- Microphones could be more sensitive
The GF842 by Karaoke USA is one of, if not the best karaoke machines sporting this form factor.
For around $150, you’ll be getting a device that will make every party way more fun.
At first glance, it’s obvious that the build quality is at a much higher level than the devices we’ve mentioned previously. Sure, it may be a bit heavier, but it’s definitely worth the hassle.
Having a 7” TFT color screen means that you’ll be able to see the lyrics from a much bigger distance. It’s bright and big enough to be easily viewed under most circumstances.
The speaker is nice and big, and offers around 25W of power, which should be enough for even bigger parties. The built-in lights flash to the rhythm of the music as well, adding to the atmosphere!
Connectivity wasn’t left behind as well. Play regular CDs, CD+Gs, DVDs, stream your audio via Bluetooth, USB, or even SD cards! The handy cradle on the top is perfect for holding your audio device.
Unlike the other models, this one comes with 2 microphones in the package, with, of course, separate controls for both channels.
The package also includes a CD+G with around 300 songs so you can start singing right away.
Bottom Line: With noticeably better build quality, amazing connectivity options, and a pretty powerful speaker, the GF842 by Karaoke USA is a great option worth considering.
Just make sure everything works when you do get it, and ask for a replacement if any problems occur.
6. Singtrix Family Bundle
- Plug & Play in Minutes, Simple to Use, Compact & Portable Design
- Instantly Tune Your Voice to Any Song and Create Backup Singers with 4-Part Harmonies
- Straightforward and minimalistic controls
- plus-circleCan be used with thousands of free karaoke videos online
- plus-circleThe effects are pretty interesting and add to the experience
- plus-circleGood build quality
- Apart from the effects, it’s pretty much just a large speaker with mic inputs
Sporting a relatively similar form factor to the previous model we’ve reviewed, the Singtrix Family Bundle offers a minimalistic yet effective approach to karaoke.
It consists of 2 parts, the device itself, and a speaker unit on which you place the device.
The controls cover the main volume, the mic volume, as well as different voice options for both the song and voice. There are over 300 different effects, covering probably every genre and generation of music you might want to sing to.
The “hit effect” button adds harmonies and other similar effects meant to additionally improve the sound of your voice. It works great if you already sing good but helps with absolute beginners as well.
While other karaoke machines focus more on CD and CD+G compatibility, the Singtrix Family Bundle allows you to sing to pretty much any song out there.
It works with all of the free videos on YouTube, as well as mp3 files, and various apps on your phone and tablet.
The speaker unit amplifies the sound quite well, allowing you to use the bundle at parties without worrying about everyone managing to hear you sing. There is also an additional volume knob, alongside bass and treble for easy EQ setup.
Bottom Line: Singtrix has once again, with their Family Bundle, proven that they really know how to make a good portable karaoke system.
7. Memorex Sing Stand 3
- Singstand 2 can connect to any audio device equipped with a headphone jack; using the input and included cords, you can access music and videos from tablets, MP3 players, smartphones, and more; Built-in cradle holds your device while you hold a microphone
- Instrument input compatible with a variety of instruments; practice your favorite songs on electric guitar or keyboard or support the singer with musical accompaniment during Karaoke sessions; features two microphone inputs (one microphone included)
- Two 5-Watt speakers
- plus-circleTwo mic connections
- plus-circleDedicated volume control for mics and overall unit
- Does not play CDG
Next up on our list: Memorex Sing Stand 3. This is one of the most popular karaoke machines on Amazon. Similar to the other machines on our list, it’s a stand-alone karaoke machine.
The speaker is built into the bottom of the microphone stand. You’re able to sync any of your devices to the unit using either Bluetooth or a universal line-in.
It has a great function to mute the vocals of any track so you can have the lead vocal section. An interesting feature of the Sing Stand 3 is the ability to connect a guitar or a keyboard. This allows you to be accompanied by an electric guitar, or a keyboard while you are singing.
You can safely place your device on the stand and secure it using a built-in strap.
You are also able to output the audio signal to your TV or have the TV audio playing through the speakers.
One of the best features on the Sing Stand 3 is the speakers. It uses two five watt speakers, enough to fill a small sized room.
If you are looking for a karaoke machine that won’t require you to buy additional speakers then this will be a good option.
Bottom Line: A great value for the price.
8. Electrohome Karaoke Machine Speaker System
- Enjoy the fun of karaoke at home with a built in high quality speaker system that plays CD/CD+G/MP3 singing music for endless entertainment at your next party
- Connect the system to any TV for a supersized view of your favorite music lyrics. Use the 3.5mm auxiliary input to stream audio from online karaoke songs from your iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Android, HTC or laptop
- CD+G compatible
- Digital echo and Auto Voice Control
- plus-circle Two mic inputs
Third on our list: the Electrohome Karaoke Machine Speaker System. This is the best quality karaoke machine in the under $100 price range.
To start with it’s CD/CD+G/MP3 compatible.
You are also able to connect it directly to your TV to broadcast the lyrics. It has an AUX in, allowing you to play any online karaoke songs. Similar to the other devices you are able to connect two microphones at once.
It also has a digital echo control feature to add reverb to your voice. Additionally, it comes with the AVC (auto voice control) feature. The AVC senses when you forget the lyrics or need a break when singing and will fill in with the background vocals.
If you want the best sound, you are going to want to upgrade your mic.
Bottom Line: A great option if you want to have the lyrics up on your TV screen.
9. Pyle Portable Pa Speaker Karaoke Machine
- COMPACT AND POWERFUL: This Compact and High Powered 600 Watt Karaoke PA Sound System by Pyle is equipped with 65 inch Subwoofer and 3 inch Treble Speaker for Full Range Stereo Sound Reproduction Perfect for patio party, crowd control
- WIRELESS AUDIO STREAMING: This Indoor / Outdoor Speaker System has a built in Bluetooth with Wireless Range of up to 33 Plus Ft so you can play your favorite song or music from all of your favorite devices like iPhone, Android mobile phone, iPad, Tablet, PC Bluetooth Version 30
- Very solid and durable build
- Wireless microphone and remote included
- plus-circleCan run on internal battery
- plus-circlePretty powerful speakers
- Some users have reported occasional Bluetooth issues
The Portable pa speaker karaoke machine from Pyle brings karaoke to a whole new level.
For just over $200, you’ll be getting a serious and pretty much professional party machine.
The rugged construction with reinforced corners, wheels and handle for easy transport are an obvious indicator that this machine can really take a beating. The design and overall build quality definitely show that, while you can use it at home, the main purpose is for clubs and bigger parties in general.
It covers Bluetooth, DVD, USB, and SD memory card audio/video input, and displays the lyrics on a built-in 7” screen. You can even feed the video out to a screen via the corresponding output.
Controls span from the separate channel volume, EQ, and echo effect, and you can even plug in a guitar for people to sing alongside too!
Although it is pretty big and powerful, there is an internal battery on which the karaoke machine can run on, so you can even use it outdoors.
What really makes this model special is the fact that it supports wireless microphones, and even has a remote, so you can put it on the stage, and control it wirelessly.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for a durable and powerful karaoke machine, with great connectivity options, you’ll probably find the Pyle Portable pa speaker karaoke machine to do the job just fine!
10. Akai KS808 Karaoke System
- Get the Party started with the loaded Akai KS800-BT Karaoke System
- Bluetooth - Connect your Bluetooth enabled Smartphone, Tablet or MP3 Player to the KS878-BT and fill the room with your favorite music
- Attractive and sleek design
- Tablet/phone holder
- plus-circleSeparate monitor speakers
- plus-circleGood connectivity
- Not easy to carry around
- minus-circleMic sound quality is mediocre
Next up, we have a karaoke system from a well-known brand, Akai. You might be familiar with their products if you’ve used MIDI controllers or keyboards in the past. Let’s see what makes their KS808 karaoke system special.
First of all, the design. This karaoke machine is practically built to be used on stage. The device itself is mounted on a stand, with only the main volume knob located on the stand.
The rest of the controls can be found on the front of the actual device. The playback buttons, mic volume, echo control, and the most commonly used I/O are all neatly positioned on the front, beneath the TFT screen.
The speakers above the screen, however, are pretty small. Definitely smaller than the ones you can find on a couple of devices we’ve previously mentioned.
Basically, they’re meant for monitoring the sound, as you should route the actual audio to additional speakers.
USB, aux, and CD(+G) are all supported on this model.
You also get not 1, but 2 microphones, as well as a demo CD with multiple songs and their lyrics.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for a durable and powerful karaoke machine, with great connectivity options, you’ll probably find the Pyle Portable pa speaker karaoke machine to do the job just fine!
11. Singing Machine iSM1030BT
- Bluetooth Digital Audio Streaming (Ipad/Iphone/Android Units)
- Play Cd + Graphics, Music Cds, Mp3 And Introducing Mp3 + Graphics
- Two speaker towers
- Ability to record sessions
- plus-circleTwo microphones included
- plus-circleAuto-voice controls
- Speakers could be better
Next up, the Singing Machine iSM1030BT. This is something for the serious karaoke user. It comes with a dedicated LCD screen for lyrics and two speaker towers.
You are also able to stream content using the Bluetooth connection to your tablet or smartphone. It will play CD+G and CDs onboard and MP3+G through the USB connection.
You can stream the lyrics and audio to your TV using the RCA connections. Additionally, if you use the download app, you can stream any available content from your smart device.
You are also able to record your performances and store them on an external USB drive. This is one of the only devices that comes with two microphones.
However, you still might want to upgrade the microphones if you want better sound quality.
Unfortunately, the speakers are the best. Although the look impressive, if you are looking for great sound quality you are going to want to plug this unit into higher-quality external features.
However, they will definitely fill a room and will sound great to those who aren’t too picky about their sound quality.
Bottom Line: Something for the serious karaoke user.
12. Rockville Dual 12” Karaoke System
- Package Includes: (1) Rockville RPG122K Dual 12" Powered Speakers, Bluetooth+Mic+Speaker Stands+Cables. (1) Rockville RWM4200VH VHF Wireless Quad HandHeld Microphone System. (1) Rockville RTR172 17 Foot 2 Channel Twisted Pair RCA Cable. (1) Rockville RNRMR10 10' 3.5mm 1/8" TRS to Dual RCA Cable
- What's Included of RPG122K: (2) 12" DJ/PA Speakers (1 active, and 1 passive that gets powered through the active via included 1/4" cable). (2) Rugged Tripod Speaker Stands. (1) Wired Microphone. (1) Mic Clip. (1) XLR to XLR Cable for the Microphone. (1) 19 Ft. 1/4" Cable for Active to Passive Speaker Connection. (1) Power Cable for Active Speaker. (1) Wireless Remote Control. Owner's Manual. Warranty Card.
- Professional-grade karaoke system
- 4 wireless mics for extra convenience
- plus-circleGood connectivity
- Can be a bit tricky for some to set it up correctly
Next up, we have a professional karaoke system from Rockville.
Unlike all of the models we’ve mentioned so far, this one is meant either for clubs or serious karaoke enthusiasts.
Basically, you’re getting a pair of 12” PA speakers with around 250W RMS, each with an adjustable stand.
There is also 1 wired and 4 wireless microphones included in this package, with all the necessary batteries, cables, a remote control, and receiver.
The receiver is pretty easy to use and has individual volume knobs for each of the 4 wireless microphones you can connect to it.
Bluetooth is supported, so you don’t have to use any cables besides the ones for the speakers.
Overall build quality seems pretty good, and the powerful speakers make for a loud and clear karaoke experience.
Bottom Line: If you’re enthusiastic enough to spend around $300 for a karaoke system, the Rockville Dual 12” Karaoke System definitely won’t disappoint you. The wireless microphones and big and powerful PA speakers make this system worth every cent.
How To Select The Right Karaoke Machine
Karaoke machines actually have a surprising range of quality. There are a few different types for a different user experience.If you have never bought a karaoke machine before and have just used them in karaoke lounges it can be difficult to know which ones will give you what you want. Let’s quickly discuss a few features you should be aware of.
Most karaoke machines will be compatible with your smartphone or tablet. This connection will either be through an AUX cable or Bluetooth. This feature is now widespread because it gives you access to 1000s of free content files through YouTube.
Your karaoke player will either be a stand-alone player or will need an additional product to display the lyrics. If the karaoke machine comes with a screen, then it will be able to display the lyrics.
Any machine without a screen with either require you to hook up your smart device or connect to your TV (usually by RCA connections) to stream the lyrics.If you need a Bluetooth connection you can always use a small Bluetooth transmitter to get the job done. They are very inexpensive and will transmit high-quality audio. Just make sure you get one that supports aptX codec as you do not want any latency issues.
Most speakers under the $100 price point won’t be fantastic. They won’t be powerful enough to fill a large room and may start to distort at high volumes.
This can be improved by using your own external speakers, or by routing the sound through your TV. Karaoke machines above the $100 tend to have better speakers and won’t be requiring an upgrade.
There are a few options I’ve listed below that would be suitable for a more professional setting. The karaoke machines that are built into speakers will be loud enough to play over a crowd. However, If you are going to be using the karaoke machine for a large crowd you’ll want to consider larger speakers. These tend to be very expensive to buy, but there are always options to rent for a night.
The microphone can easily be upgraded if you are unsatisfied. Keep in mind that most karaoke players will be compatible with two microphones but typically only come with one. This is an extra expense that needs to be considered when making your decisions.
If you decide to purchase a microphone, I highly recommend buying an inexpensive dynamic microphone. There is no reason to shell out on an expensive condenser microphone.
These are far to sensitive for the karaoke environment and will inevitably lead to feedback issues. You won’t really need to spend more than $50 here.
You are going to at least want some kind of auto voice control. This function knows when you need a break singing and will raise the original vocals to fill in the gaps.
Some machines also automatically reduce the vocal levels of regular tracks, allowing you to sing the lead vocal section. Higher quality karaoke machines will also come with pitch correction, harmonies, and vocal enhancements along with all the other standard effects.
The overall quality and number of features will be dependent on your budget. If you are buying for kids, you won’t need to worry about getting the best sound quality or a ton of features.
If you are looking to entertain a large group of people, you will want to get something above the $100 range to ensure the speaker and sound quality is there.
Do I Need CD-Gs?
There are a few options regarding the format of your audio tracks. Conventionally, karaoke has used CD-G (compact disc and graphics) as a method of providing the lyrics with the music.There are now a number of apps you can download to stream the lyrics along with the edited audio track as well as endless YouTube videos designed for karaoke.
I recommend avoiding CD-Gs if possible. They will cost more money and you will have to have a place to store them. It’s far more convenient to have all of your karaoke songs stored digitally.
Just keep in mind that some machines only use smart devices and won’t be able to play CD-Gs.
- Ensure you know what compatibility requires you need (TV? CD-G? Streaming?)
- Look above the $100 price range for good quality speakers that can fill medium sized rooms.
- Do you want effects with your karaoke such as pitch-correction or harmonies?