Last Updated on
Are you a singer, but don’t want to or can’t constantly hold a microphone in your hand?
If so, you have come to the right place, because we are going to discuss some of the best headsets microphones for singing on the market.
Best Headset Microphones For Singing: Reviews
1. Shure PGA31 Performance Headset Condenser Microphone
- Wireframe headset fits securely for active speakers and vocal performers
- Permanently charged electret condenser cartridge delivers detailed, crisp vocals
If you are looking for a simple and affordable microphone that can be used for singing, karaoke, and business calls too, the Shure PGA31 Performance Headset Condenser Microphone is a cool choice to keep in mind.
The Shure PGA31 Performance Headset Condenser Microphone is pretty basic and simple, but this also means that it is affordable. In terms of sound quality, it is a condensing and sound-cancelling microphone, so it does its best to only pick up your voice, while also cancelling out outside noise that you don’t want passing through the speaker.
The high-quality condenser does a fantastic job at transmitting high-quality and crisp sound, especially vocals. It’s not the highest quality singing microphone out there, but it works great for smaller venues, presentations, and karaoke too.
Keep in mind that this is a wired headset, so you do need to be fairly close to wherever you have it plugged into.
However, the Shure PGA31 Performance Headset Condenser Microphone does come with a nice wire frame which is lightweight and very durable. All of that said, this is not the most comfortable option, as the wire frame is not soft at all, but it is lightweight.
What is nice is that this headset mic works with wireless body packs for battery operation, but this is sold separately.
- Lightweight and portable
- Good price
- Works for singing and presentations + calls
- No need for battery power
- Sound condensing and crisp audio
- Noise-isolating and cancelling
- Not the best for singing, especially large venues
- Limited overall longevity
The Shure PGA31 Performance Headset Condenser Microphone is fine for basic singing and karaoke, although not for big and professional concerts, but it does work well for phone calls and the like.
2. Shure SM35-TQG Wireless Performance Headset
- Wireframe headset fits securely and comfortably for active performers and multi-instrumentalists
- Tight, unidirectional cardioid polar pattern rejects signal bleed and feedback for use on loud stages and behind floor monitors. Flexible gooseneck design allows for optimized placement that further improves source isolation. Lightweight and low-profile form enables comfortable, long-wearing use
This is a more expensive and higher-quality option that costs about 3 times the price of the one we just looked at, but it also more durable and has better audio quality.
The Shure SM35-TQG Wireless Performance Headset is a great option to go with for smaller and medium-size concerts, for karaoke, for business presentations, and for making lots of phone calls at the office.
No matter the case, it comes with excellent condenser and noise cancelling tech, so while it picks up the sound of your voice with excellent clarity and crispness, it won’t pick up outside noises you don’t want it to.
Keep in mind that you will need a Shure wireless body pack system or the RPM626 in-line amplifier to work properly, which is a bit of a drawback. In terms of comfort, the Shure SM35-TQG Wireless Performance Headset is very lightweight and ergonomically designed, so it should be pretty comfortable.
That being said, the wire frame of it could be a bit softer, but it is flexible and adjustable, which is a bonus.
Moreover, the wire frame is quite durable and long lasting. We have to say that the audio quality of the headphones could be a bit better.
- High quality mic
- Great condenser tech
- Flexible and adjustable
- Durable wire frame
- Very easy to use
- Good for many purposes
- Wire frame could have better padding
- Headphone quality could be better
The Shure SM35-TQG Wireless Performance Headset is best if you need a decent microphone for singing and other purposes, but don’t want to spend a fortune on it.
3. Double Over Ear Microphone Headset
- PROFESSIONAL SOUND QUALITY: With its omnidirectional feature, 2kΩ ohms 30% output impedance, professional sound quality, this condenser mic delivers crisp and clear vocals without huffing making it ideal for any voice audio and speech application
- 4 PIN MINI XLR CONNECTION: This headset mic is equipped w/ 4pin Mini XLR plug cable wire connector and comes w/ two windscreens. Works w/ body/belt pack transmitter system or w/ direct connection to studio mixer. Ideal for dj, mc, singing, recording
If you need an affordable and low-priced microphone headset that is very basic, then the Double Over Ear Microphone Headset might be something that will interest you.
The Double Over Ear Microphone Headset is not the highest quality option around, but it also comes in at a very low price. When it comes down to it, we would say that this is ideal for some basic karaoke singing, for making YouTube videos, and for conference calls, and the like.
However, we would probably not recommend it for any kind of professional use, such as for a concert.
It has a decent sound quality, and the microphone is alright for basic needs, but it’s definitely not a high-resolution mic with a good condenser: it’s basic and simple.
What is nice about the Double Over Ear Microphone Headset is that it is more durable than could be expected for such a low price, and the same can also be said for the level of comfort.
It’s not the most comfortable option around, but once again, for the price, it’s much better than can be expected.
- Fine for basic needs
- Super good price
- Quite comfortable
- Decently durable
Not ideal for professional use
The Double Over Ear Microphone Headset is best for basic home use, or maybe for office use too, it doesn’t cost much, but it is also by no means ideal for professional singing needs.
4. J K Microphone Headset
- Sweat and Dust-Proof Made Primarily for Indoor and Outdoor Activities
- Professional Vocal Pickup, Pristine Audio Quality, Omni-directional Condenser Microphone
This is a moderately price microphone headset that should be fine for basic singing needs, as it has a decent level of quality, but it’s probably not ideal for large venues and professional concerts.
The J K Microphone Headset features an omni-directional condenser microphone, which means that it can pick up your voice from all directions, but at the same time, it should also work fine to cancel outside noises you don’t want the microphone to pick up.
In terms of microphone quality, it seems to be one of the better ones, considering its fairly low price.
One of the bonuses of the J K Microphone Headset is the fact that it’s designed to be nearly invisible. It’s made to be super thin and it also comes in a skin color design, which means that it should not be visible, or at least barely visible, against human skin, thus providing the illusion that the singer or presenter does not have a microphone on at all.
Something else that stands out about the J K Microphone Headset is how durable it is. It is made to be totally dust and sweatproof, which is important if you are working under hot lights, performing your heart out to a crowd.
Keep in mind that this item is compatible with the Sennheiser Evolution Series, G2, G3, EWD1, SK D1 / Line 6 X2 Digital Wireless Microphone System. All in all, we think that this headset is a small and inconspicuous option with a high level of durability and pretty good audio quality, all for a fairly low price.
- Fair price
- Great for a variety of purposes
- Good audio quality and noise isolating
- Inconspicuous design
Only compatible with very certain systems
The J K Microphone Headset is best for anybody who needs a microphone with good audio quality, one that the audience won’t be able to see easily, and one that comes in at a fair price.
5. Sennheiser Consumer Audio Handheld Wireless Microphone
- Simple - ew D1 automatically configures itself to deliver great sound. Focus on your performance, not on your gear!
- Powerful - ew D1 automatically scans and selects the best frequency for operation. If interference is detected, D1 seamlessly moves to a new channel.
If you are willing to spend more for a super high-quality microphone headset, then the Sennheiser Consumer Audio Handheld Wireless Microphone is hands-down the best option to go with.
The Sennheiser Consumer Audio Handheld Wireless Microphone comes with a really comfortable headset piece so you can easily wear it on your head. It’s very small and lightweight, and while it is black, it’s small enough so it cannot be seen too easily, and it won’t weigh your head down.
In terms of overall durability and audio quality, this is by far the best option on our list. Simply put, you do have to pay for this quality, but when it comes to overall performance and functionality, there’s just no better option.
- Extremely durable
- Very comfortable
- Lightweight design
- Amazing audio quality
- Great wireless connection
The Sennheiser Consumer Audio Handheld Wireless Microphone is designed for professional use, plain and simple. It’s an expensive and professional-grade microphone for the best in the business.
When it comes down to it, we would recommend the Sennheiser Consumer Audio Handheld Wireless Microphone, although it is expensive.
The other options are less expensive, but the quality is also not quite as up there. It really depends on how much money you are willing to spend on your headset microphone for singing.