Do you want a basic MP3 player to listen to your music, and don’t want to spend a fortune on it?
Well, that’s what we are here for today, to review some of the best budget MP3 players the market has to offer.
Best Budget MP3 Players: Reviews
1. G.G.Martinsen MP3 Player
It’s built in the style of an old-school iPod, which you may or may not like, but quite honestly, when it comes to low cost MP3 players, as long as they have decent storage and work well, what they look like really doesn’t matter all too much as far as we are concerned.
Either way, the G.G.Martinsen MP3 Player looks like an old iPod. It comes with a 3.5 mm jack for headphones, but it does not come with Bluetooth capabilities.
In terms of functionality, you can expect the battery life to be pretty decent, really good for the first few months at least. That said, battery life does decrease somewhat quickly as the months go on.
The durability of the G.G.Martinsen MP3 Player, for the low cost which it comes at, is not bad. Sure, it’s not the most durable option out there, but for under $20, you really cannot expect all that much.
The G.G.Martinsen MP3 Player has some basic controls as well as a 1.8-inch color screen, so technically, you can also watch videos on it or use it as an e-reader, although the screen is a bit small for that.
This MP3 player features a 16 GB memory card, which is pretty decent for such a low price. You’ll be able to fit a lot of songs on it without any problems.
- Great price
- Decent functionality
- Battery life is pretty good
- Adjustable with many equalizer features
- Decent screen
- Lots of memory
- Limited durability
- Battery life degrades fast
If you need a simple MP3 player that can fit lots of music onto it, the G.G.Martinsen MP3 Player is a fine option to keep in mind.
2. Soulcker MP3 Player
- ❤【Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Technology】Bluetooth 5.0 means faster transmission, stable performance, you can play music through Bluetooth speaker or headset. It may keep you away from cables.【Kindly Note】:This MP3 cannot pair with phones and car speakers.
The Soulcker MP3 Player costs about twice as much as the G.G.Martinsen player we just looked at, although it’s slightly more expensive, it’s still affordable enough to be considered a budget MP3 player.
When it comes to the memory, this is also a 16 GB MP3 player, so you can fit many hundreds, if not thousands of songs on it, which is great.
What we can also say about the Soulcker MP3 Player is that it has great battery life; it’s not the best in the business, but considering the low price, the battery life is more than we would expect, and the battery won’t degrade too fast; it will degrade eventually, but all things considered, it’s not too bad at all.
What stands out about the Soulcker MP3 Player is that it’s designed to be a hi-fi music player, so as long as you get good headphones with it, it will provide you with some pretty good sound quality.
It also comes with easy-to-use touch buttons that light up and are easy to see, although the touch function does get worse over time, especially with sweaty or dirty hands.
The included screen, although nothing overly special, still gets the job done. We would like to point out that the Soulcker MP3 Player has Bluetooth capabilities, although the connectivity is not exactly top-notch.
- Great price
- Good battery life
- Lots of storage
- Easy to use touch controls
- Decent little screen
- High quality sound
- Impact resistance is minimal
- Touch controls don’t work all that well
If you don’t want to spend much and want a decent little MP3 player for basic music listening, the Soulcker MP3 Player is just fine.
3. Dyzeryk MP3 Player
- 【Long Time Playback】MP3 player allows you enjoy real lossless music up to 10 hours. Charging for 1 minute, using 1 hour; charging for 1 hour, using 10 hours, only 60-90 minutes to complete charging.
- 【HIFI Lossless Sound Quality】It adopts professional intelligent digital noise reduction chip and superb circuit optimization technology to reduce noise, ensuring high sound sampling rate and providing high quality sound. Give you the good sound you want.
Here we have what is by far the least expensive option on our list today, and it barely breaks the $10 mark. Keep in mind that this is not the highest-functioning option around, but if you want something super basic that will barely cost you anything at all, the Dyzeryk MP3 Player is a great option to go with. This player doesn’t have a screen of any sort, so you cannot see what music you are selecting.
It’s like an old-school iPod shuffle, if we had to compare it to something. It comes with user-friendly controls, so you can easily pause, play, rewind, fast forward, and whatever else.
We like how this Dyzeryk MP3 Player is actually quite durable. It can be dropped a few times and should survive without any problem. There is no screen to break, so that can be seen as a bonus.
What’s not too bad about this Dyzeryk MP3 Player is that it only takes 60 minutes to charge and can then play music for around 10 hours. It doesn’t have the best battery life in the world, but it’s still quite impressive for an inexpensive MP3 player.
In terms of storage, the Dyzeryk MP3 Player comes with 4 GB of storage, more than can be expected for such a low price and more than enough for a few hundred of your favorite songs. What’s surprising is that it comes with a 12-month warranty.
- Super cheap price
- All around decent choice considering the low price
- Very small and portable
- Quite durable
- No screen
- Not the highest quality
If you just want to listen to some music and don’t feel like spending a lot of money, and don’t need anything special, the Dyzeryk MP3 Player will perform well for you.
4. MYMAHDI MP3 Player
- Pedometer&Speaker:Perfect for Sport Running with pedometer function ,record step distance/Calories Burned and Exercise Time.Enjoy the music without headphones for built-in speaker.
- Bluetooth 4.2: Bluetooth 4.2 means faster transmission speed, stable performance and high anti-jamming capability, you can play the music through Bluetooth speaker or Bluetooth headset. It satisfies all that you want in a music player.
This is so far the most expensive option on our list, although when all is said and done, it still remains affordable, so we would still consider it a budget option, especially seeing as there are MP3 players many times more expensive than this one. To start off, the MYMAHDI MP3 Player features a high-resolution touch screen that actually looks quite good, and works well too.
Now, it’s not the most durable screen and will degrade after prolonged use, but all things considered, it’s not too bad. The screen can be used for e-books and videos, although it is a bit small for this. This MP3 player also comes with Bluetooth capabilities, or you can just plug in normal wired headphones.
The MYMAHDI MP3 Player has 8 GB of storage space, so enough for a couple thousand songs, which is not bad at all. Moreover, the battery life, while not super impressive, for such a low price, isn’t bad either. It will last for about a day, and does not take overly long to charge.
The screen can be used for e-books and videos, although it is a bit small for this. The MYMAHDI MP3 Player is advertised as having hi-fi sound, and we know it has decent sound quality, although hi-fi might be a bit of an overstatement.
- Nice hi-res screen
- Decent battery life
- Lots of storage
- Pretty good sound quality
- Small and portable
- Has Bluetooth
- Built-in speaker
- More expensive than other budget options
- Somewhat fragile
If you have a few bucks to spend and want a good all-around MP3 player with many capabilities, the MYMAHDI MP3 Player is a nice choice to consider.
5. Akamate MP3 Player
- [BLUETOOTH 5.0 STABLE & QUICK CONNECTION] - Mp3 player built-in bluetooth 5.0, provide faster data transfer speed(40% increase) and more stable connection,the connection distance is also longer
- [SLEEK and POWERFUL] - MP3 player not only supports Music Playback, Video Playback, Bluetooth Connection, but also supports One-click Lock, One-click Recording, Puzzle Game, Time Screen Protection, A-B Repeat, Picture Browsing, File Browsing and E-book Reading (only supports TXT format), etc. Perfect for indoor, outdoor, travel, business, journalism, and other uses
Neither the least nor the most expensive option on the list today, the Akamate MP3 Player is a pretty nice option considering its costs. It comes complete with a 2.4 inch TFT LCD screen, which is not too shabby considering the low price.
The screen looks pretty good and it’s small, but you can watch some videos on it. The touch controls are also quite handy, and they work well enough, although they make break down over time.
This player also works as a one-click voice recorder, which is kind of neat. It is advertised as producing hi-fi sound, although for the low price, this is questionable at best. It’s not like it has poor sound quality, but high fidelity might be a bit of a reach.
At any rate, for the low price, the sound quality is better than can be expected. This is what we can say for all features and aspects here, not great, but much better than you could usually expect for a low price.
- All-around decent quality
- Good sound quality
- Decent storage space
- OK battery life
- Good price
- High quality screen and touch controls
- Screen is not very durable
- Touch controls degrade with a lot of use
If you don’t want to spend a lot and want something with a nice screen, a user-friendly layout, and all-around decent features, the Akamate MP3 Player is worth considering.
When all is said and done, as long as your MP3 player works decently and you don’t have to spend a lot on it, you should be just fine.
Remember, budget MP3 players aren’t going to be anything super special, but as long as they play music, let you store a few hundred songs, and don’t break as soon as you open the box, you probably have a good find.